Chapter 14

I had my mom drop me back off at the dorms to get ready for party. The words Blake said burned in my thoughts and it made me start considering not going with Ashton tonight. There's been times I wondered if all of this was just a publicity stunt and I usually just try to push them from my thoughts but now that someone had to go off and verbally say it makes it all the more real.

I slipped on the short dress with assistances from Hailey with the zipper. She stood back and gave me the thumbs up with a big smile. I flipped my long, slightly curled hair over my shoulders as I looked in the long mirror, examining the outfit and make-up.

"Ashton's going to be drooling all over you tonight." Hailey exclaimed happily. "If you don't come home, I'll know you two shacked it up."

Unlikely, I thought to myself. I still haven't told her about seeing Blake at the store and what all he said. I debated it as she was doing my make-up but part of me didn't want to tell her. I guess it was just one of those things I felt like keeping to myself.

"I feel like I've overly done it." I said feeling unsure about my outfit, which happened to be the strapless, white lace Blake pointed out the stack of dresses I had in my arms at the store. If it wasn't literally perfect when I tried it on at the store I wouldn't of gotten it.

"I think you look amazing. How are you getting there?" Hailey asked as she plopped down on her bed.

"Ashton will be here soon. I'm supposed to meet him at the circle drive up front." I answered her as I looked at my phone.

"He's driving? Is it just him or are the other guys in the car too?"

"I think there's a driver and no, it's just him as far as I know."

"Well I hope you have fun and let me know if I should expect you back here." Hailey winked as rolled back off her bed. "I have a study group I'm going to, so should I should probably get going if I'm going to get there on time. I'm picking up coffee on the way." She gave me another wink as she left with her book bag out the door.

As I waited on Ashton to pick me up I became anxious while looking over notes for the next round of test I had coming up. I wish I could shake off all the things Blake had said but as soon as I found a distraction, it wasn't long until they crept back in. Its a pretty horrible feeling to feel as though you're being used. Was it true though?

My phone buzzed, signalling a call. I answered to hear Ashton saying he was only a few minutes away, so i quickly grabbed the tiny clutch my mom let me phone to hold a few small items and I was out the door. On my way up to the circle drive I was given odd looks and few cat-calls by people as I passed  to which I rolled my eyes at them.

I made it to the front and aside from a pizza delivery car, the only other car out from was dark colored Audi. The driver side door open and Ashton climbed out of the car wearing dark pants and shirt. He walked around to me and smiled.

"Wow," he breathed. "You look beautiful."

"It's not too much?" I asked nervously. "I've never been to something like this before."

"No, it's great." He opened the passenger allowing me inside the sleek and shiny car. After closing my door, he jogged around the car and climbed back in on his side.

"Is this your car?" I asked curiously as we pulled out of the school.

Ashton laughed. "No, I talked a friend into letting me borrow it tonight so I could pick you up. It gives us some alone time before we're surrounded by people. I also thought, we could stop by the hotel and grab a drink first, maybe a snack too?"

I nodded, "Yeah that sounds good."

Traffic was starting to thicken as we pulled up to the hotel valet. We exited the car as the smile valet guy took the keys and gave us wink before I felt Ashton's hand on my lower back as he guided me to the door. We were greeted by every passing employee until we reached the bar where the hostess led us to a booth and handed us a menu to look over. I look up from my menu after deciding on a drink to see Ashton looking at me.

"What?" I asked wondering if I smudged my make-up or gotten something on my face.

"You just look amazing." He shyly smiled. "I can't keep my eyes off of you."

Heat begun rising to my cheeks. Was it noticeable? "You look nice yourself." I complimented him.

The waitress came by and took our order and disappeared but Ashton's eyes didn't leave mine. "So," He said. "I wanted to say thank you for being my date tonight. It's crazy just thinking about the album dropping in a few days and then being on the road again with the tour. This party is the kick off for everything and I'm happy you'll be there."

I smiled as our drinks appeared. "I'm glad I get to be here with you." I sipped on my drink as Blake's words crept back into my mine.

You showing up with him is good promo. You're a really good person to help them like that.

"I'm glad you invited me." I said in the most convincing tone I could produce.

We arrived at the release party and were immediately whist away into a room full of people of whom I had no idea who they were. It wasn't long until I see the familiar faces of Calum, Luke, and Michael. They greeted Ashton and I with hugs. While in a friendly hug with Michael, I see another familiar face on the other side of the room. I locked eyes with Blake for a split second before parting with Michael.

"It's about time you two got here." Calum said taking a drink off the passing drink server.  "Did you enjoy your date?"

Ashton brushed off Calum's question by turning to me. "Let's go mingle. I'll introduce you to people."

The next few hours were spent talking about the album. People were curious about the creative process and literally everything when it comes to the album. I've must have listen to Ashton explain it nearly a hundred times but he never failed to amaze me that even on the hundredth time, he was just as enthusiastic about as the first. Talk about passionate.

A drink server passed by and I took a glass off her tray. If i had known there would be alcohol I wouldn't of drank before I got here. I was starting to feel many drinks swimming through my veins it but I felt if I didn't have a drink in hand I would be the odd one out. I already felt out of place because I had no place here. I was just a date.

"Ashton!" Someone said loudly.

We both turned to see Luke waving him over and then pointing at the man standing beside him.
Ashton then turned to me. "We have to go on stage for a minute with the head director of the record label. Stay close to the stage so I can find you afterwards, okay?"

I nodded as she dashed off leaving me alone. I sipped the drink in my hand and looked around. Out of the corner of my eye I see a tall shadow come up beside me. I didn't have to turn my head to know it was Blake.

"You look beautiful tonight." He said softly. "You went with my choice of dress."

I didn't say anything as I locked eyes on Ashton in the crowd of people now across the room. I watched him as he talked to people, wishing Blake would just walk away but instead he continued talking.

"Do you want to get out of here with me? This is kind of lame."

A/N: I posted a cast list at the beginning of the story if ya wanna go back and check it out. I few of you did already so yay!! No one comments and that sucks but y'all still reading and few of you are voting so I must still be doing something right. Haha.