Chapter 17

Raegan's POV- 3 Months later

The warm body beside me started to stir causing me to come out of my peaceful sleep. I didn't want to open my eyes, so I kept them tightly shut. I wasn't ready to get up or move from this nice and comfortable bed I've grown accustom to sleeping in more than the bed back in my dorm. I've avoided my dorm as much as I could since I walked out of the record release party I was attending with Ashton because I knew that would be one of the first places he'd look for me at. I couldn't face him even if I wanted too because after hearing the many voicemails he had left, I knew I had really hurt him. So, since then I've avoided him. It was for the best, or at least that's what I kept telling myself. I didn't want to be used for publicity anymore.

Ever since that I got in the car with Blake and went back to his house, I've practically never left except for the few nights I stayed at my parents. No one knew about me staying at Blakes, not Hailey, and not even his parent's. It was a secret between him and I. One good thing about Blake, he was proving to be a really good distraction after all.

"Rae," Blake whispered dropping soft kisses on my bare shoulder. "You'll be late for class if you don't wake up." He slid is arm around my middle pinning me tightly against his hot body.

I groaned as I freed myself from his grasp. "Today is the day isn't it? We find out if we made it into the medical program or not."

Blake nodded and I could sense he didn't seem too excited about it. As I got to know him, I knew he had a lot ridding on this decision. He was anxious and I was too, to an extent.

"According to my mother, that email should arrive sometime this afternoon. I tried to get her to tell me my fate ahead of time but she wouldn't. She treats me just like any other student. It's both a blessing and curse." He said as I rolled off the bed. He brought himself to laying on his side, resting his head on his propped up hand as he watched me move about his room, gathering my clothes that he thrown off the previous night. A smirk creeped along his lips. "Will you be back tonight?"

I shrugged after pulling my winkled shirt over my head. "I should probably start staying at the dorm again. Hailey is really starting to get suspicious. She's not buying me staying at my parent's house. Plus we've been doing this for three months." I shimmied my jeans onto my hips causing me to slightly lose my balance. "Flings usually don't last this long."

"Is that's what we are?" He continued smirking. "Here I've been telling everyone you're my girl."

My eyes widen with surprise because that wasn't a part of the little agreement we had. The last thing I needed was word getting to Hailey because she wanted Blake and even after all these months of him and I hooking up, she was still trying.

"I---" I stuttered.

"I'm just joking." He added quickly as I started to panic and a wave of relief washed over me. Thank god.

"You had me worried." I said as I began  to smile. I crossed the room back to his bed to where he continued to lay, watching me. I kneeled on the bed, giving him a quick and gentle kiss before heading towards the door. "I'll talk to you later."

"Raegan, wait!" He said, catching me before I passed through the door. I turned to see him making his way towards me, dragging the sheet behind him to keep his lower half covered. "There's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?" I asked curiously. His brow furrowed as he looked a mixture of unsure and confused as to what he had to say.

"I was wondering your thoughts on us possibly becoming more than this so called fling?" His voice cracked as he asked and I felt my stomach knot up. "You don't have to tell me them now because I want you to think about it. We can talk tonight after dinner if you decide to come back."