28- Prove Them Wrong

Ashton's POV

Ashton's POV

It's been a two months since the world found out about Raegan and I. The moment the world knew I swore the ground shook and chaos broke out. Raegan was now tied to doing school work out of her parent's house after being swarmed on campus by the media and fans shortly after new broke. She wasn't taking the new restrictions lightly, she was definitely stubborn to the core.

"I feel like I'm getting docked points because I can't attend class. I'm missing so much." She whined as we sat on her bed. I had just came back from another trip to Australia, another trip she couldn't go with me and with everything going on she wasn't handling it well at all. "Has enough time passed to where I can attend class yet?"

"I don't know, do you want a repeat of being mobbed?" I was unsure on what to tell her. I slightly feared for her safety after the first time and I didn't want her to go through that experience again. "Don't you want to how things in Australia went?" I mentally crossed my fingers hoping she would allow me to change the subject.

"Yes, but I wish I could have gone." She puffed out her bottom lip. "The amount of work I've been getting has been insane. If I was in class things would be easier but proceed with the report of your travels, my love."

I grinned at her sweet words as she tossed the book from her lap and gave me her undivided attention. "The venue overlooking the ocean is officially ours. I'm working on security details with them currently. I have a wedding decorator working the owner of the place and Liz. Everything will be ready in time."

"Why is Luke's mom helping? I thought your mom was helping or is she too busy?" A confused Raegan eyed me as I let information slip that I shouldn't have. I still haven't told her about my mother disapproving of our choice. "Liz shouldn't have to do any of this. I can send my mom with you next time."

I debated telling her the truth about my mom because I had hoped she would have come around by now, but it hasn't been the case. I stared down at my hands as I threw the idea back and forth quickly.

"Ashton?"

I jerked my head up to her still staring at me. "I have it handled. My mother is just being a little stubborn. Much like someone else I know."

I watched as her lips pressed firmly together. She knew I holding something back, but she dropped the issue as she handed me a piece of paper. "I've been thinking of some colors that we could have the place decorated in." I looked over the color combinations she had scribbled down.

"All of these would be great, but I like the silver and navy." I handed her the paper back.

"I like that choice too. I guess I'll have the colors sent to Liz...." Her voice trailed off as I started feeling guilty for holding the truth from her.

"Raegan," I started to say as my internal conflict was still at war. "Liz is helping because my mother doesn't want too." There I go ending the war, allowing the truth to prevail. "She's not on board with us staying married."

"Oh," Raegan said shifting uneasily in her spot.

"She essentially told me to end the marriage and go about it the right way." I knew this information would hurt her but not telling her had been hurting me. I didn't want to hide things from her, that's not the relationship I wanted to build with her. "I didn't want to tell you just yet because I was hoping she would come to term about our decision."

"It's been two and half months since you went and seen her and all this time I was under the impression she was happy for us. Here I am excited to meet a woman who is far from excited to meet me. It's nice to know your mother-in-law hates you and she's never met you." Raegan removed herself from the bed and took to pacing back and forth in her room. "I don't know what to even do now."

"What do you mean, you don't know what to do?" I questioned her, starting to feel concerned about how this conversation was going.

"Maybe we should just call it off, Ashton. Who are we kidding, anyways. Your own mother doesn't want you to stay married to me."

I knew Raegan would be upset but I never thought that the conversation would head in this direction. I was beginning to get anxious as I sought out words to calm her down. "My mom doesn't hate you. She just feels like we're making a mistake by staying married. She doesn't think I'll be happy in a year or two."

"Maybe we are making a mistake, Ashton. Maybe everyone just sees it but us."

I quickly bounced off her bed and close the short distance between her and I. I took her soft hands in mine. "Look at me," I said coaxing her eyes up to mine. "I don't care what anyone thinks or says. I'm happy. I'm happy being with you and I know in my heart this isn't a mistake." Raegan's eyes begun watering as I spoke.

"I just don't know anymore," She said hoarsely, her voice cracking. "Everything is so overwhelming and now this? People are taking bets on how long it will last and it's just one rumor to another about why we're sticking with it. I've seen about a ten headlines today of them wondering if I'm pregnant. This is ridiculous. We're being ridiculous. Your mother is right. We should just end the marriage and do it the right way if we even survive that long."

"No," I objected firmly to her upset babbling. If it's one thing I learned about Raegan, it is that when she's upset she will try to take the easy road to eliminate the problem. I wasn't going to let her give up on us because of my mother's opinion. "If we end it now and start over, how are we going to prove everyone wrong? Do you want to give the people who are against us the satisfaction of being right?"

"No."

"Then stop this nonsense." I chuckled pulling her into my arms. "We're going to Australia and we're going to celebrate us and the choice we made together. We're going to parade around my mother and show her just happy we are. We're going to prove the world wrong and when we've reached our ten year anniversary I'm going to show them all my middle finger."

Raegan cracked a small smile followed by a laugh. "Okay, you win."

Cupping her cheeks in my hands I pressed my lips to hers. I felt the loose tears from her eyes glisten down onto to my hands. I pulled away my lips and wiped the tears away with both thumbs. "I love you Raegan Mills and I'll be damn if I let you just walk away without a fight."

A/N: Hi I'm just here rolling out another update. I don't know if you're aware but we're almost to the end. So please vote and let me know what you're thoughts are. Next update will be the around the beginning of next week. Have a fantastic weekend!!!!