29- Old Bed Room

Ashton's POV

It was finally summer. Raegan was happy to be done with school for a while and I was glad to get have non-stressful wife even if it was only for the summer until she started Med School. Calling her my wife was an experience of its self and something to get used to. Although we already officially tied the knot, it never really felt like we were married. Planning this reception was making it all the more real that I, Ashton Irwin, was married. Now that everything was becoming more real, I was becoming even more excited.

The flight to Australia was going to be long and Raegan was restless. I told her to close her eyes and try to sleep but she wasn't having it. If I didn't know any better, I would say someone was anxious. When I would bring it up, she immediately got defensive.

"I'm fine." Raegan would tell me over and over when I would ask her what was wrong. "Why don't you go to sleep?"

"I will but I want to make sure you're okay first."

"I'm okay, Ashton. It's just not every day you fly across the world for your wedding."

"Wedding?" I chuckled and she rolled her tired eyes.

"You know what I mean. I know we're technically already married, but it's never really felt real until now."

"We're two days away from the big day," I shifted closer to her in the tiny airplane seat, taking her hand in mine. With my thumb, I gently drew circles on her skin. "I can't wait."

At some point during the flight both of us had fallen asleep. I woke once to feel the weight of Raegan's head on my shoulder. I leaned my head on to hers and drifted back off. It didn't feel like I had been asleep very long when I was woken up.

"Ashton, we're about to land." I could feel Raegan gently shaking my arm. "Time to wake up."

The landing was a bit rougher than usual and I could tell it made Raegan nervous because by the time the plane came to a complete stop, I had nearly lost all feeling in my hand from her tight grip. It took a few minutes before we were allowed to start making our way out of the terminal. All too familiar with this airport, I quickly led Raegan and I to the luggage claim. The was a crowd of people surrounding the luggage drop area and I had Raegan wait behind as I grabbed both of our bags so we could quickly dip out before being recognized.

"I hope my mom and dad don't get too lost when they arrive tomorrow." Raegan said with concern as we climbed into the rented car after loading our luggage in the trunk.

"They'll be fine," I reassured her. "Before we head to our hotel, I think we should go visit my mother."

"Why? She doesn't approve of our decision." Raegan raised her bow and stared at me confused. "I want this trip to be nothing but positivity. I don't want her to be dragging us down."

"She won't. Regardless of how she feels about our decision, it's important that you meet her. Maybe if she actually met you and seen us together, she'll change her mind."

We arrived at my mother's house and  I studied a very reluctant Raegan climb the walkway to the front door as I followed behind her. I rang the doorbell and planted a kissed on the top of her head as we waited for the door to open. "Don't be nervous." I whispered.

The door open revealing my mother. She smiled as she let us inside and we followed her into the living room. I snaked my arm around Raegan's waist and pulled her closer. "Mom, this is Raegan."

My mother smiled as Raegan held out her hand respectively to her. They shook hands as she said, "It's nice to finally meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well." My mother responded before turning to me. "Why don't you two just stay here instead of the hotel. You spend enough time in them as is."

I looked to Raegan who was nervous but gave me a smile to hide it. "I think that's a great idea. I'll go get our bags from the car, be right back." I kissed Raegan on the cheek as I released her from my hold. Her smile turned back to slightly neutral, but alarmed as I stepped away from her. I knew she was going to be upset with me from leaving her alone with my mother, but I knew she would also get over it.

I took my time as I retrieved the bags and brought them inside. I retuned back to Raegan's side and I could see she was immediately relieved by my presence. "Come on, I'll show you my room."

"I'll make some lunch while you two get settled." My mother smiled as she headed towards the kitchen while we headed in the opposite direction.

"Was being alone with her so bad?" I questioned her as we entered my old room, shutting the door behind her. I watched as she scanned the room.

She shook her head. "We just made small talk. She asked how the flight was and I told her it was long, but overall it was good. She said she was glad that we would stay and that she hoped she could get to know me better."

I dropped the bags on the floor and I pulled Raegan into my arms. I crashed my lips onto hers as I melted into her our hands gliding along each other's body. I lifted her up and she wrapped her legs tightly around me as I walked us to my bed.

I kneeled onto the bed, laying Raegan on her back. Her legs still wrapped tight around me, pulling me closer to her as our lips never left each other. Ideally this moment was perfect and I found it to be extremely arousing but I had put a hold on this. Just for the moment anyways. "There's a place I want to take you to." I breathed roughly as felt her hands drift south.

"I bet you do," she smirked, her lips grazing along my neck. Her hands grasped at me my through my pants causing a low moan to escape. I didn't want things to go any farther so I quickly pull myself away from her, unhooking her legs from around me. I surveyed her as she laid out in from of me. Her chest rising and falling rapidly, her cheeks flushed with color. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, absolutely nothing. This is really hot, but I want to wait a bit and show you this place I go to." I answered her as crawl beside and propped myself up with my elbow. "It's a beach and I want to take you swimming."

Raegan frowned. "You know I can't go into the water."

"I know you're afraid to go into the water." I rephrased what she meant and she rolled her eyes, letting out a sigh. "The water is calm and the current is weak. It's a beautiful and relaxing place. Do you trust me?"

"It's not a matter if I trust you or not, the last time I went into the ocean, I almost didn't make it out. It was a very traumatic experience."

"I know, but I'm going to make this a great experience." I smirked with an added wink.

There was a soft knock on the door followed by my mother's voice. "Lunch is ready."

"Let's go eat, so then we can leave." Rolling off the bed and onto my feet in a swift smooth motion, I held out my hand to help Raegan up to her feet who groaned. "Plus you're overdue for a tour of my hometown."

"That is if we even make it through lunch." She added to my words and now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

A/N: So we've reached the point in the story where I'm tying up all ends of the story because it's nearly done. So tap that vote button and I'll have another chapter up by the end of the week.  :) Also have a happy and safe New Years and don't get drunken married 😂