Chapter 23: Note

After Wyatt left, I made my bed, got dressed in the most comfortable clothes I had, went downstairs to have breakfast, brushed my teeth, and was now attempting to tame my wild hair.

It was kind of my fault at how bad it got. Going to bed with wet hair and then having Wyatt tangle his fingers in it had made it a hugefrizzy mess.

Even though it reminded me slightly of a rats nest, I liked it. Probably because I loved when Wyatt held my hair in his hands and smelled it.

Huh.

So I left my hair that way and went downstairs to wallow in my misery by sinking into the couch and watching random shows on TV.

And I did that for a few hours…until Matt called again.

“What?” I grumbled, not even bothering with a hello.

“You okay?” Matt asked, his voice tinged with concern.

“I’m fine. Just having a bad day.”

“I see, so you’d be opposed to going out to the movies or something?”

“Definitely opposed. I don’t plan on leaving this couch for the rest of my life,” I said, leaning back and closing my eyes.

I flicked the TV off and thought about maybe taking a nap…but what if the nightmares came back?

“Somehow I don’t think that plan is going to work out. We do have school tomorrow,” Matt said.

I growled, “Why did you bring that up? That just made my day even worse!”

“Sorry,” he chuckled, “Want me to come over so you can slap me?”

“Sure, what ever. The door is unlocked so just come right in when you get here,” I said before hanging up.

Ugh, why did I say yes? Now I couldn’t even wallow and be as pathetic as I wanted. Even though I had absolutely no right to wallow and be pathetic.

I sighed, stretching out my entire body along the couch. I felt my eyes start to slip shut before dozing off.

“Li-la,” someone sang out.

"Stop.”

“Man, you sure are grouchy today," Matt chuckled, and I pried my eyelids open to glare at him.

“Shut. Up.” I hissed. Oh, great. I ticked Wyatt off and now he hated me, and I was probably going to do the same thing to Matt. Spiffy, just freakin’ spiffy.

At least if he hates you he won’t want to date you anymore...that would solve some problems, wouldn’t it? Said a voice in my head.

Huh.

The little voice was right, but it would be kind of mean to irritate Matt right out of our relationship.

“Okay, what do you want to do then?” he said, flopping onto the couch.

“Nothing.”

Matt arched an eyebrow, “Seriously?”

“Seriously.”

“Can I get more than one word from you?”

“Yes, you can.”

Matt made a face at me.

“That was three words,” I pointed out before closing my eyes again.

“True.”

There was a moment of silence before Matt spoke again, “Why was Wyatt here?”