Chapter 30: Pillow Fight

“Lila,” someone sang. I scrunched up my face, inhaling deeply. At first the only thing I smelled was Wyatt’s scent mixed with my own. I sat up sharply, eyes darting around the room.

Disappointment set in when I saw it was only Aiden.

Wait, what?

“Aiden? What the heck are you doing here?” I cried, pulling the sheets up to my chin as I stared at my ex-boyfriend.

Aiden had been my boyfriend back in Ohio, before I moved here. We broke up since we both agreed that long distant relationships didn’t work, and I hadn't spoken to him since the day we broke up, the day we left our home to move here.

He brushed his red hair out of his eyes, “I came to visit, duh,” he said, rolling his green eyes at me.

“What about school?” I protested. Today was a Monday, and last time I checked there was school on Mondays.

Aiden shrugged, “Our school burned down so we have two extra weeks of Christmas vacation and you have a snow day today.”

“Snow day?” I sputtered, leaping out of Ivy’s bed and charging towards her window. I whipped open the blinds and saw white. The snow was so thick as it came down I couldn’t even see the sky or even a few feet in front of my face.

I guess I won’t be seeing Wyatt today, I thought, feeling disappointed.

“Aiden, how did you get here if it’s a blizzard outside?” I asked, rolling down the sleeves of Wyatt’s hoodie, which I was still wearing. It went well past my short pajama shorts so it kind of looked like I was naked underneath.

“I got here early this morning and since your dad and your grandma were up I chilled with them. The storm only started after I got here.”

He walked forward and touched the hoodie, frowning at it.

I suddenly had the urge to pull away, just so that he wouldn’t contaminate Wyatt’s scent with his own. But then he’d think I was weird, so I just stood there.

“Whose is this?” he asked slowly, still looking at the striped black and white hoodie.

“Wyatt’s,” I said after a moment, since I didn’t quite know what to call Wyatt. He most certainly wasn’t my friend, but he wasn’t my boyfriend either, so the only good explanation I had was that he was ‘Wyatt’.

“Who’s Wyatt?” Aiden asked, peering up at me with eyes as hard as emeralds.

“A guy.”

“What is he to you?” Aiden questioned, and I could see he was getting annoyed with all of my dodgy answers.

“None of your business,” I snapped.

Aiden stepped back, “Okay, jeez. I was just asking.”

I sighed. I didn’t understand why I was being so snippy with him. I never used to be, but then again things changed. I changed.

“Sorry, I’m just a little stressed out."

He shrugged, “It’s okay. Just try and tone it down a little, I don’t think Keira and the others will be as nice about it as me.”

“Keira?” I questioned, my eyes popping. “Who else is here?”

Aiden laughed, “You’ll see when you come downstairs. They’re all waiting for you. I’ll tell them you’ll be down in a few minutes.”

He turned and left Ivy’s bedroom while I just stared after him. I shook my head and went back to my room to put Wyatt’s hoodie away neatly, gather my clothes and get dressed. I somehow managed to tame my hair before I went back into my room and picked up my cell phone from where I left it.