1.6 // waves

"This was her favourite song." Ariana explains as Liam starts playing the piano.

Zayn and Ariana start off together, and then they were joined by Louis, Niall, followed by Liam and Harry. They all hold hands, honouring their friend.

For the next four minutes they sung 'So Cold', that was until they start to lower the casket. That was when she let go of Harry's hand and drops to the floor, finally defeated, finally overpowered by the rush of what was actually happening; the wind was knocked out of her.

Harry kneels down as the rest of the boys sung, "Princess?"

She held her hand up, "Keep singing, please."

He stands back up, and watches her every move. She slowly crawls towards her casket, and then she stops right in front of it. Everything around her came to a halt as she watched Alaska's casket descend into the dirt, there was no music, there were no sobs, or sniffling.

There was just a fragile Ariana, with a straight face, on her knees, watching her best friend be laid to rest. It stopped moving, and she looked up to figure out why, and then her eyes went big in realization that she reached the bottom. The boys had stopped singing and lowered their heads as they watched her hand instinctively went to reach for hers, but it wasn't there. Her hand wasn't there because Alaska wasn't there - and that was when the second wave came.

She shook her head, and then silently cried. Her mouth was open, but nothing came out, and her body was shaking. Zayn steps toward her and she curls into a ball and lays down.

Zayn let out a few tears of his own when he picks her up and she whispers, "I want to lay with her, Zayn."

"I know," he cries.

But he couldn't let her watch the rest, and he wouldn't, because if the casket going down was this hard, the dirt covering her would be worse. He took her to the car, and put her in the passenger seat, where it was at that time the noises started falling from her red, swollen lips.

"Make it stop, I.. I can't do it - make it stop." She whimpers in between sobs.

"It will go away soon, love. Soon," He hugs her as she lets everything out.

"It hurts, it hurts, it hurts." She repeats as he rubs her back.

Liam and Niall walk up to the car minutes later.

"Where is Harry and Louis?" Zayn quietly asks.

"They're talking to people as they leave, thanking them." Liam explains.

"Is it okay if I talk to Ariana.. alone? Just for a minute?" Niall asks, his stomach turning into knots.

"Just make it slightly quick mate, I'm sure when Harry comes he will want to be with Ari." Zayn offers a small smile as they walk away.

"Hi, Ni." She says softly, her voice raw from crying.

He smiles at her, "I love her."

She looks up at him, confusion was clear on her face.

His blue eyes were starting to water, "The day she left us, I was planning on asking her out on a date."

Ariana grabs his hands as he cries, but she does not say anything, she lets him continue.

"All of the times I had to stay in the same room as her, or sit next to her, I would get really nervous, I got butterflies in my stomach from her. One night, when you had one your nightmare, I was watching Alaska sleep, and it wasn't in a creepy way, I promise, I was just admiring her. The way she slightly parts her lips, her eyelashes brushing the tops of her cheeks, and I saw that she had a faint freckle by the corner of her left eye." He laughs recalling the memory.

"She named it Louise." Ariana joins him.

"Of course she would, well, when we were eating dinner one night, this feeling kind of overcame me. I didn't know what it was until she stuck two fries in her mouth, like seals teeth, and laughed until they fell out. That was the moment I knew I loved her. And I wanted to be in love with her, so I came up with the date idea. But, I never got the chance."

She squeezes his hand, "She loved you, Niall."

He drops to his knees, "I think it was around a week after we stopped to get all of those maps that I told her about my feelings for Harry and all that girly stuff. She sat up and told me about her feelings for you. She loved your smile, she adored the fact that your brown hair was more brown than blonde, but she loved your personality the most. She loved you too, Niall. And I think she would have wanted to be in love with you."

He sobs as Ariana gets out and hugs him.

"She will always love you, okay? And one day, you can tell her that you lover her yourself." She kisses the top of his head.

Moments later, the rest of the boys come up to the car.

"You okay, Nialler?" Louis asks as he looks at his red-rimmed eyes.

He nods his head and lets out a breath that he didn't know he was holding.

Ariana looks at Harry who raises his eyebrows. She nods her head to signal she is fine for the moment before she walks over to him. He wraps his arm around her small body.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

She shakes her head, "I'm okay."

Not wanting to push it, he closes his eyes, "Okay, I love you."

"I love you."

-

we're getting really close to the end babes !!

i could really make a second book, but i have no idea what to name it lmao (i'm also thinkin of makin a different book !)

Alaska's song: So Cold by Ben Cocks
ok thats all bye love u
-a