sEveN

FIVE days and FOREVER

Copyright 2017/2018

-Anya Amarachi Jacinth

Day One

Day 1

----

Don't expect the whole 'adventure filled day' to be all so awesome were we throw our hands up and stand up in the convertible car as the wind blows our hair back and we scream at the top of our lungs without getting the police to chase after us.

Nope, the ride was as quiet as crap.

To make matters worse, Dennis started whistling. And off-key, if I may add.

He obviously sensed the tension due to the quietness and wanted to ease things a bit.

But his whistling wasn't helping matters.

To start a proper and real conversation, I decided to point out an obvious but insulting fact.

"Your whistling suck balls." I smiled.

He stopped whistling and looked at me. He smiled, too. "We don't want to get all judgemental on our God-given talents."

I chuckled. "God-given? My God doesn't give messed up talents. He gives talents that would be appreciated and be of use to the society."

"That's strike one for you. And if I was counting right from the start, I'll say you have ten."

I scoffed then chuckled. "I haven't even stroked you yet."

"Then I'm guessing your stroking must be really hot. I'm waiting to hear one day." He said sarcastically.

I shook my head then sat back as I unlocked my phone to use.

I had no messages or phone calls – yet.

"What kind of songs do you listen to?" I decided to ask as I scrolled through my albums.

He shrugged. "I don't really have classes–"

"Genres." I corrected with a small laugh.

"Whatever," He smiled back. "I don't really have 'genres'," He looked at me for emphasis - I laughed at that,"That I listen to. I hear a good beat and dance to it."

"You can dance?" I asked with humour.

"You need to see me on the dance floor." He said with as much humour.

I laughed more than before this time. "I'm betting on that."

"What's the catch?" He asked in confidence.

I shrugged. "Anything I want. When I see you flop, I'm going to say what I want."

"And if I do it, I get anything I want from you, too." He gave me a lop-sided smile.

I returned the smile. "Deal."

As we drove to God knows where, I faintly heard Dennis say, "You just made the biggest mistake of your life."

------------------------- ^.^ -------------------------

It was just minutes passed 11, I fell asleep while I was plugged in. So the music still reverberated in my daydream.

Dennis touched me on my shoulder and I immediately woke up and looked at him, trying to decipher my surroundings.

"Well, you're a light sleeper." He whispered with a smile.

I removed my earpieces. "Where are we?" I asked a bit still sleepy, trying to link the place together. I squinted my eyes due to the sun from outside.