TwEnTy onE

FIVE days and FOREVER

Copyright 2017/2018

-Anya Amarachi Jacinth

|ft. Jemery Zucker - Comethru|

Four Days Later

------

The week came to an end and I saw no sign of Dennis.

It was Friday and graduation was the next day.

We would finally vacate for the summer before my senior year officially starts.

My play would be performed the next day, meaning esteemed men and women would be there to watch it.

Dennis did a good job in making the story less ambiguous.

It was much easy to direct and follow up.

I wondered when he had the time to go through it and summarize it.

I kept thinking about him.

It was hard not to.

After walking out that night, I never heard from him anymore apart from he was at school, the morning he went MIA.

It's been haunting me.

I just wanted to see him.

The fact that his dad didn't even know of his whereabouts bothered me the most.

And as a girl who thought way too deep, I was scared whether he was... dead.

But, no. He couldn't be.

Everyone was still hanging around after school.

You know? Last day.

Exams finished today and all.

But when I saw Gemma, she avoided me.

I looked at her for some time then decided to finally confront her.

I ran and stood in front of her, "Hey." I blocked her.

She looked at me, "What do you want?"

"Beside the fact that you spread stupid rumours about my play and me, I should be the one acting like a bitch towards you," I stated.

"It's not like what I said weren't true." She rolled her eyes.

I smiled at her, "Some best friend you truly are."

She smiled back, "My fucking pleasure."

"You know what?" I said, already getting fed up with this. "I'm sick of you, Gemma," I said. "Just stay out of my life and don't bitch me or what I do to other people, okay?"

She shrugged, "I'll see if I can do that," She said. "But you're the one always getting all the fucking attention for something you're not even that good at."

"So, what? You're better than me?" I asked.

"Maybe I am," she said. "But people fail to see that because they are blinded by the fact that you exist."

"Then maybe we shouldn't be friends if that's how you feel," I said.

She stared at me, not wanting to come in terms with that.

"Because, to be honest, Gemma. You're an awesome person but if you feel you can't be awesome because of the envy you have for me, just stay out of my life. It'll be better for you. Maybe, that way, your awesomeness can shine brightly." I forced a smile.

She stared at me then after some time, she muttered, "I hate you." Then she went on. "You don't even care about me. You're the worse." Then she brushed past me.