SiXTeEN

FIVE days and FOREVER

Copyright 2017/2018

-Anya Amarachi Jacinth

Day Three

Day 3

------

And it was the Prom night. Walking by my side was Luke from History class.

For some weird reason, I felt confident.

Maybe, I was ready to prove to Dennis that I could move on just as fast.

Sophia had one of her close friends over to do my makeup and style my hair... Since she sucked at things like those and I ended up wearing one of Sophia's dresses.

Who would know?

The whole point was that I looked hot and when Dennis saw me with another guy, he would realize what had passed him by.

As Luke and I were walking in, Luke bumped into Frank.

That was another person I didn't want to see.

Jess was with him.

"Oh, sorry," Luke apologized as the gentleman he was.

Frank brushed his cloth, looked at me then continued brushing before he remembered who I was then said, "Hey!" He chirped then got stuck when it came to my name. "Briony? Benedicta? Broccoli? Browny? Biscuits?"

I rolled my eyes, "Bianca." I helped him out.

I've been given multiple names by this dude. First, it was Bibian. Now, Broccoli???

"Yeah, cool." He basically didn't care. "I almost didn't recognize you." He said then looked me over, "You look hot."

I smiled, "Thank you."

But Jess rolled her eyes and pushed him back.

Then she looked at me with a straight look, "You should flirt with your date instead."

I tried to smile with her but as I said before, she was very hard on that.

It wasn't even up to a second before Jess then said, "BTW, you look gorgeous."

I looked back at her small smile before she left with Frank.

That girl was hard to read.

"Weird," Luke commented.

I shook my head because I couldn't agree less. "Tell me about it."

The time went by.

Luke and I talked for most of the time. He was easy to talk to.

And anytime my stupid brain kept thinking back at Dennis, I realized that Dennis was wayyy better at conversations.

But anything promoting Dennis, I shook away and forced Luke to come into the picture.

Luke was a nice guy anyway. He would never treat a girl wrong.

Same thing you thought for Dennis.

"Do you want a drink?" Luke asked as he smiled at me.

I smiled and nodded.

"Alright, I'd be back," He said as he left to get the drink.

I waited by the table we were reserved as I took the bottled water to drink.

As I drank, I heard someone call my name.

I turned around immediately as I recognized the familiar voice.

Confirming my intuition, Dennis stood before my very eyes.