FifTeeN

FIVE days and FOREVER

Copyright 2017/2018

-Anya Amarachi Jacinth

Day Two

Day 2

------

At the local library was where I stopped to try and work on my play.

Note the try.

Dennis was still with my script so I found it hard to do anything.

I got nowhere and I kept thinking about how Dennis used me as his racket to play smash or pass.

Well, I guessed he did the two.

He smashed... then passed.

I slept throughout to clear my head which suddenly developed a headache.

I was awakened by a light touch on my shoulder and I got up in alarm.

My brain had to focus to understand the environment I was in.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," The person rushed.

I finally recognized the person who woke me up.

"Gemma?" I asked as I rubbed my face to clean any form of sleepiness.

"I told you she'd be here," Gemma said.

I looked at her and saw Sophia was there with her and I immediately smiled. A genuine one.

I was truly happy that they were here.

"Now who were you trying to play paper town with, uh, Margo?" Sophia joked.

My smile widened at what she said then I looked at Gemma. "You never called." My smile faded slowly.

"Your phone never went." She explained. "Just because your play was shit doesn't mean I wouldn't be concerned if you go two days from school without any notice."

"Thanks for the reminder," I said sarcastically then shook my head.

"So, what happened to you, Bianca? I was worried that maybe you got kidnapped or something." Sophia said.

I closed my eyes and pursed my lips as I looked at Gemma. "Could you excuse Soph and I?"

She looked at me. "Come on, I'm your best friend."

"It's more than that" I stated.

She was hesitant before saying, "Fine," with a roll of her eyes and leaving.

"You guys don't seem so tight," Sophia stated after Gemma was out of reach.

I was silent for some time. "We're not."

"Then why call her your best friend?"

I shrugged, deciding to push that conversation for another time and focus on the main course.

She looked around first before whispering. "Don't let her play you. She literally forced me to let her come along to redeem her image of being an awesome best friend." She air quoted the 'awesome'.

I shook my head, "I don't even want to know what that means," I muttered with my voice small.

I suddenly got emotional as I realized how unguarded I felt.

Sophia noticed my changed of mood and became concerned.

She was patient and waited for me to tell her about it all.

I muttered so that no one around would have caught up on the conversation.

I looked her deep in the eyes and asked. "Have you ever been used by a guy?"

------------------------- ^.^ -------------------------

I explained everything to her at her house, where she left me to insult myself and let out every negative energy that had evolved inside of me.

We were in her room.

I had already explained to Sophia's mum the base reason why I was missing with no information and Sophia's mum called my mum so that I'd speak to my mum in front of her.

Sophia and I did home works together to cover up for the ones I had already missed.

Luckily, there wasn't any pop quiz or test during the two days I was absent from school – as she said.

And the notes weren't really that long. Sophia and I were able to complete it in about an hour.

"So you mean he hasn't called till now," Sophia popped up randomly.

"He doesn't have my number," I replied to let the topic slide.

"Oh," she said. "I saw him today at school though."

I got interested but she didn't say anything more.

"And?" I forced.

She shook her head with a shrug. "I just saw him."

I rolled my eyes. "Sophia, please let's not talk about him." I pleaded.

"But you like him." She said. "It's blearing."

I shut my eyes. "Sophiaaa," I gritted through my teeth.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She apologized.

The only feeling I've been feeling throughout today was regret. The pain was the surface.

I was the one who made him kiss me. I was the one.

If I hadn't kissed him, none of this shit would have happened.

"I fucking gave myself to be used by their stupid manipulative way," I said out loud as I massaged my temples.

"Bianca," Sophia said softly.

"Like, why didn't I just go to school yesterday and not catch feelings? Why didn't I just stay on the acquaintance zone? But no, I had hopes like a Disney fucking princess and let him kiss me."

Sophia was silent before saying. "On the bright side..." When she knew she had nothing to say, she kept shut.

"If we didn't kiss," I turned to Sophia as I ignored her comment.

"Bianca, I'd slap you right now to make you stop putting the blame on yourself."

I kept quiet.

"Dennis was a dick for doing that to you. He never liked you so forget about him. I'd give it to you hard so you'd see the reality. Move on and act like nothing ever happened." Then an idea popped into her head and she smiled widely. "Let's get him back then disgrace him so that every girl will know the kind of dick he is."

"No, Sophia," I sighed then looked at her. "Is it wrong that a little part of me wants to believe that what I heard was false?"

"I know you still like him but do me a favour and forget about him. If he can't treat you with respect then nothing matters."

I sighed then nodded. "You're right. I guess all those Romeo shit he was doing was so he could smash and choose whether to pass or stay."

"So, you're going to turn up for that prom with a different guy, yeah?" She smiled at me.

That never crossed my mind.

"Prom is tomorrow. It's already 8 P.M."

"I can hook you up," She said as she brought out her phone and scrolled through her contacts in my face, with a huge smile. "You should know me, Bi. I gatchu."