I Wrote a New Teen Drama Story!!!

---

When People Go

---

Growing up in the place we grew up in, we were structured and trained to believe life was a one-hill road... but no one trained us for death.

And when death comes and people go... what do we do then?

---

Link to story available here

https://www.wattpad.com/story/237134754-when-people-go

---

This story was inspired by a loss I got to hear about just this week. It made me realise a pattern in the African culture when a loved one is lost, especially if that loved one was a guardian.

You know... Being a child in Nigeria (or other parts of the world. Who knows? I'll only say the part I know of :) ), we were taught that 'life', itself was not our concern, and that all we had to do was succeed academically. The worries of life would all fall in its place. And if a child strayed out of that line and worried about making music, or drawing, or being a tech guru, or even making money while in school, they would be reduced. As a child, you sit back and let your parents feed you... until it's your turn to feed.

No one ever thinks of the 'what ifs?', God forbid it! But maybe that's a reality we need to start exploring because it happens.

Parents die, and children get abused. Parents die, and children can't stand up for themselves or find a place to call theirs in this messed-up world. Parents die... and what becomes of the child then?

Does (s)he still wait for their 'turn' at life... or do they face life head-on?

---

Join Ewatomi as she journeys through the loss of her loved one, with 5 other friends, making a statement and changing the narrative of what a child should be, and what should become of them after they fall into a life they weren't ready for.

---

Available on WattPad

---

Hello! Hello! Hello!

What's up, guys?! Anya Amarachi Jacinth here, bringing you yet, another banger!

The 'another banger' should be sung in Rema's voice, P.S. That's how I imagined saying it in my head, so it has to have that effect when you read it, too.

*Cinematic screen glitch*

Now, read that first line again, so it makes sense to you, and read the first phrase like it's an intro to a YouTube video, so it sticks. *dramatic pause* Another. Banger!

*Cinematic screen glitch*

Too much stress to read out my whole intro line again?

Well, it should be!

Because Anya Amarachi Jacinth is bringing you a newwwww storaayyyyy!

I would have shouted, 'yassss,' but mainstream movies have bastardised the essence of it, and made it a 'mum joke', so no.

*Cinematic screen glitch*

Alright, hello, guys!

That was my attempt at writing a book Behind the Pages (BTP) - I just made that up now. :) Like, Behind the Scenes. BTS. Behind the Pages. BTP.

I hope you love the book itself.

I've published Two Chapters of the story currently, and it is ongoing. I really see a future for this story, and I hope it touches the emotional realm you've kept locked up because you slid into that girl/guy's DMs and they left you on read.

And if you feel it was 'their loss' because they left you on read, get a grip on yourself, girl/boy! The world doesn't revolve around you - sheesh!

Haha, but seriously though. The world doesn't. I see this as a common coping mechanics of missed shots. It's not only toxic, but it sows a narcissist seed in your mind, making you feel entitled to someone else's emotions, love/ attention, and discard whatever thing the other person (mind you, the person might even be a total stranger on the Internet) must have been going through - or even what was going through their head when they received your message.

So, lesson: Don't shoot petty shots to score cheap shots that you're 'desirable'. Check your esteem first before you shoot that shot. If it's because you like what they do, admire their being, want to be friends, want a collaboration, want to go down in the devil's tangle, then go for it! But let your intentions be known. And if they say no, then I guess 'No means No' and we can't force it. Let's learn to respect people's decisions and not guilt trip them with, 'well, your loss for not wanting to be my friend/sleep with me/accept my vague 'hi' text, because you're gonna be missing a lot by not accepting what I offered regardless of if I even considered if you needed it or not, haha.'

That's a form of coercion, and damn you, you try to coerce someone into being/doing something that they don't want to be because you want it.

Stop it! Get out of your head!

---

Well, Amarachi turned this into a lecture quicker than... *snaps fingers*

Maybe I would make a damn blog post about this.

---

So Ummmmm... When People Go out now and ongoing on Wattpad :) X

You can find the story with this link https://www.wattpad.com/story/237134754-when-people-go

SHARE THE HASHTAG #AmarachiWPG on any social media platform available to bring freaking awareness (I'm joking) - but we could make it a thing though when this book gets famous. Haha!

Love you all!

- Anya Amarachi Jacinth