Beauty and Respect

No dedication for this chapter

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night barely began before the 5th 'Sex On The Beach' drink hit my system. I've done well mingling without the use of Alcohol but somehow the daughter of California's main drug lord convinced me that the party will only get better if I had some 'Devil Juice' in my system. She wasn't wrong. My nerves and awkwardness seemed to disappear with each sip. Hell, I was even flirting with some potential upcoming Mafia leaders!

By the time every guest knew my name, the clock struck 12. Considering I broke literally every rule my father had for me, I was having an amazing time! I became successful in conversing with the group popular ranking daughters and ironically they were genuinely nice individuals considering their bitchy reputation.

Now I understood why Charmaine is attached deeply to this lifestyle. Once you gain acceptance from these people, a whole new world opens up. Power and control rushed to my head in an intense high. I wanted more. I craved so much more. I never belonged anywhere. I was always deemed the Outkast but tonight I felt like a prize to be won. This is my world now. There is no way I'm going to let anyone take this away from me!  

My buzz went away but my confidence still remained. Mother left me alone with the daughters to go mingle but before the party was over. Soon enough the girls left with their families and I was left alone at the bar. The guest little by little began to leave until the only people left were my family, guards and the Serpent and his people. They were still by the bar talking. I thought we would be here forever until I saw my father and the Serpent shake hands and part ways.

"The devil with the devil. Maybe we should take cover." Mother snapped as she approached me.

"Things will never be the same I'll tell you that much."

"Hmm... The serpent is pretty handsome. He reminds me of your father when he was his age. Insane yet sexy."

I turned to look at my mother. I hated when she does this. Boys were always a sensitive topic for me but whenever a cute boy is around, my mom would make it known.

"I know what you're doing. The Serpent and I will never happen."

"Oh mama, that is exactly what I said about your father! Now you're definitely screwed!" She giggled as she walked over to my father.

That little sneak! Using her power over my father to sneak him away from the Serpent so he would find his way over to me. Hopefully, that little devil forgot about me. I'm praying he will walk off with his goonies and never make contact with me. 

Yet the heavens ignored me. As he turned from the bar our eyes made instant contact. Some of my confidence slipped away as he smiled at me. My heart skipped every other beat. For a devil in disguise, he made me feel...electrified. Our feelings were magnetic. 

The serpent made quick movements towards me. One minute he moved ever so slowly, making the anticipation rise. In a blink of an eye, it felt as if he was running full speed towards me. Then, he was right in front of me. I didn't know how to feel. My high was coming down and I was facing a real-life demon. To make matters worse, all my father's men left with my parents so I was alone with The serpent and his minion. 

"Ah, Darling Adrienne. I was disappointed you didn't listen to my request to join me and your father in making history." Serpent leaned down to whisper softly in my ear. In reflex, I grasped his arms to keep from fainting.

"Sinister does business alone. No distractions."

He smirked loudly and leaned back to get a clear view of my fear-stricken face.

"He's your father and yet you call him Sinister. How...loyal of you."

He found it off just like most do. In a way, referring to father as Sinister reminds me that no matter who I am, he is a man that can scam his way out of hell to get his way. Blood may be the strongest bond but loyalty and power are the ultimate prizes. 

"When we work, he is Sinister. It is my form of respect." I explained as Serpent twirled a loose hair around his finger.

"Hmm... Quiet, smart, sneaky, respectful, loyal and beautiful. You're quite the package amore."

"Thank you but I must be going. The party is over and I need to get home."

I let go of his arms but he used the opportunity to grip my waist closer to his body. He wasn't satisfied until my breast was squished against his chest. 

"The night barely began. Surely your...sinister can allow you to enjoy the rest of the night with me."

"My father has no hold over my life despite what you think." Lie. "I have commitments in the morning so I need to get home to sleep." Serpent stared into my eyes intensely. I couldn't look away from his ocean blue eyes. They searched the inside of my soul, leaving me bare.  

"I'll let you o tonight amore despite your lie. I've decided to stay in town for a bit longer so I am positive that I'll see you another time. Goodnight, Adrienne."

Suddenly he let me go. I wobbled a bit before regaining balance and turning away from him. Right as I got the entrance I turned to look back at him one final time. He watched me go with a mischevious smirk. When we made eye contact he shot me a wink before sitting at the bar.

Oh Lord please don't let this man be my downfall!