Text Message

Hey guys!! I'm going to try A LOT harder to get updates out to you much faster. I'm trying a new system where I write one chapter and post and right after I start on the next one so I have banked chapters. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THE GOODBYE CHAPTER IN THE COMMENTS!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

The drive back home was unbearable. I had to hold in my tears enough so my father wouldn't expect a thing if he's home. I couldn't see my mother either, one look from her she would send me back to uncontrollable tears. I just want to curl under covers and not come out until Christian comes back.

Sergi pulled up to the estate shortly. I scanned the garage as we drove by and couldn't see my father's car, which means he's most likely gone to the office. Sergi parked the car by the front door and walked to my side to open the door. I got out of the car and rushed straight inside and towards my room like I promised. I could hear my mother chatting on the phone in the kitchen but as I said, I couldn't talk to her.

I want to be alone.

---------

3 Days Later...

I haven't left my room in three solid days. My mother brought me my food so I wouldn't have to talk to my father or anyone else for that matter. My phone has been locked away in my drawer after I stayed up for the last two days waiting for Christian's call that he promised me. He never called. My father has been running around town making more business deals; making a bold move to be in business with Christian has brought more opportunities than anyone could have anticipated. So my days were spent in solitude in the comfort of my room. I manage to get some painting done but all my paintings turned out to be the same, dark clusters of greys and black painting on the canvas.

I wake up every day the same, one lucky beam of light flashes through the blackout curtains I had installed to bring me out of the darkness. This day was different. When my eyes opened there was a dark shadow in the corner of my room looking over my paintings. I blinked a few times to bring clarity to my vision. It was Gia.

I've been ignoring Gia for the last few days. I texted her that he left and I wanted a few days to process my sadness. She understood my pain but didn't think it was healthy for me to lock myself away. She was right but the isolation feels so good.

"What are you doing here?" I muttered under my groggy morning voice. I wasn't in the mood for meeting anyone especially when I just woke up and know for a fact that I look like complete dog shit.

"You refused to answer my phone. I needed to know if you died. Your mother let me in." She sighed as she put down my paintings. She walked over to my bed and sat on the edge.

"I'm alive, thanks for stopping by," I muttered as I pulled the covers over my head. Gia ripped the covers off and tossed them onto the floor.

"What Gia! I want to be alone!"

"You are not okay, Adrienne! I get it, you're sad and this is your first heartbreak. You want to crawl into a hole and bury the exit behind you so you can sit in your dark sad space until you can't feel anything anymore. You are not the last girl to go through heartbreak and you won't be your last. I do understand what you're feeling. When Marco left me the first time to do some undercover work in South Africa, I was devastated. He couldn't tell me when he was coming back, we weren't dating for that long yet. I didn't know what our future holds for us. He was MIA for most of his trip, I didn't know what he was doing and it destroyed me. He didn't even tell me when he was coming back. But one day, when I was numb from any feeling. I woke up to what I expected to be an empty house and what did I find in my kitchen, flower petals all over the floor, 20 boxes filled with beautiful roses, soft music playing in the background, two plates of a delicious breakfast and my beautiful man standing there."