Prep work

We haven't had a dedication in awhile. In this chapter, we will be showcasing a previous character Gia! Her character resembles Emmy Rossum.

Anyways, everyone knows what I'm going to say...

Vote Follow and share with everyone!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got dressed and took a walk around the estate for fresh air. Whenever I went through problems, a trip to the flower garden by our infinity pool always seems to calm me down. My father had it built for my mother as a gift on their 6th year anniversary. It was a mini flower maze that leads to the center of a heart shape flower field. Once you get to the center, awaiting was a rose covered gazebo and a small metal plaque of my parent's wedding vows. As I took a stroll inside the maze, I heard faint piano music that only got louder the closer I got. The music was coming from the built-in speakers on the gazebo. Sitting in the gazebo is my mother.

My mother had a smile on her face and her eyes closed as she took in the melody. She seemed content in her private space.

"Mom, what are you doing here? I thought you were out with dad." I took a seat beside her.

"He got called away on business. Apparently, news has spread about your father going into business with Serpent and people aren't too happy with that."

Christian is definitely behind these rumors. He knew my father would have to do damage control when the news comes out. Which brings my father's attention everywhere else but me.

Many people wanted to go into business with Christian but he turns 95% of those deals down. After being rejected, they want to destroy Christian and whoever is lucky enough to go into business with him; AKA my father.

"Oh, I see. This is how you're passing the time?"

"This is the one thing I missed about the house when I left. I wanted to rekindle old feelings. But enough about me, how have you and Serpent been? I really hope you guys got past the mafia nickname crap. I mean come on, Serpent?"

My eyes literally exploded from my head. My mother knew about Christian and me?

"What are you talking about? Dad said to stay away from him and I have." A complete lie spilled out of me.

"Oh, honey I think you forget that you are my daughter. You may be well behaved but once love is involved the disobedient side that you inherited from me comes out. From the moment your father told you no I knew it went in one ear and out the other and no one can stop a man like Serpent. If he wants you, he'll have you no matter who is standing in his way! Your father is the same way."

"Mother...I tried! I really did. He ran into me and refused to let me go home without giving him a chance to talk so I did. Now...I don't know what to do! He's so controlling and intimidating. Everything I say feels so stupid whenever I'm in his presence."

"Sounds exactly like your father and I. When I first met him, my parents begged me to stay away. He is controlling and impulsive. Never cared for others, he always took what he wanted and vanished. No one ever met a man like this. With a single look, he would make you second guess your entire life. It made me crazy but crazy for him."

The look my mother has whenever she talks about my father always made me smile. She would get lost in her memories, her eyes glistening in the sunlight. Her smile was different. It was softer and more genuine. It was a look I inspire to have one day when I find the right one.

"You still continued with Dad after everything? After grandma and grandpa told you no?"

"Yes. I tried to listen to my head and my parents but from the moment I seen your father I knew he would be in my life forever. Nothing was going to keep us apart."

I knew that moment all to well. The moment I seen Christian's eyes I knew he would be with me forever. Our journey is just beginning.

Mother and I talked the entire afternoon in the garden. I explained what's been happening over the last few days between Christian and I. She filled me in with her situation with my Father. We gossiped so much we almost missed lunch.

My father returned home when we were talking back inside the house. He seemed rather drained and refused to speak. As we met at the front door, he gave my mother and I a kiss on the cheek before walking inside and straight up the stairs. That is one thing I liked about my father. He knew when enough is enough and needs rest. Most businessmen don't believe in taking breaks.

"Looks like Serpent created the perfect diversion for tonight. I'm going to go lay down with your father. Hve fun and be safe tonight." She gave me a soft kiss on the head and followed my father upstairs.

My mother is an extremely confusing woman. 2 weeks ago if I told her about Serpent she would have set me and him on fire but now she's okay and helping me sneak past my father to spend time with Christian? I don't know what my father has done to make her okay with this but I give him the upmost credit.

After a quick lunch break, I went back upstairs to figure out what in the hell I was going to wear for tonight. Christian gave me no description on what tonight has in store except for dinner but knowing Christian, he is going big and beyond. I wanted to dress like the party we had for him where we first met but with a less fancy approach. I wanted my look to say 'Classy Woman'. There is only one person I could call for help.

Gia

She rushed to my house in a flash when I said fashion emergency. She knew how to dress and glam up for any event she went too. Her makeup, accessories, and outfit were always perfect for any theme.

"I can't believe your going out with The Serpent! Do you know how many girls would kill to be in your shoes right now?" She gasped as she raided my closet for options.

"Maybe they should take my spot because I don't know what to do with a man like him. He isn't an average guy...not even a mafia type of man! He's his own breed. I don't know a single thing about pleasing a man like The Serpent!"

"I understand girl, I do. When I first started dating Marco Milano from the New York gangs I didn't know jack shit about being with a man like him. I was nervous all the time and don't get me started on all the females who wanted him! Marco reassured me many times that he only had eyes for me and he has never chased for anyone as much as he did for me. Once I let go of your worries and fears, I realized no one else mattered. The relationship has been perfect ever since."

Gia is a year older than me and her and Marco are practically married. Every other weekend he would travel here or she would go to New York. Their union became beneficial for their family businesses and each other. A perfect match all around.

"Do you think The Serpent and I would be perfect like You and Marco?"

"Oh Hell no. A man like Serpent is a walking demon for a reason! But that doesn't mean he won't start a war for you. If he loves you enough which I feel like he does, he will be your entire world and vise versa but he will be making your life a living hell for no reason."

He's already making my life hell... Maybe that is our version of a perfect relationship.