Rumors

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serpent sped down the open roads like he owned the world, and for the most part, he does. Everything he's done has been done with style, dominance, and class. Everything he did look like second nature to him. I think that's why he's feared by most. You must have extreme confidence in this world but Serpent has arrogance and skill because he knows he will win at the end of it all.

I thought Serpent was taking me home but he took a sudden left on the interstate. He is headed towards the more secluded parts of Seattle.

"Serpent, where are you taking me?" I wondered. We were passing the extravagant mansions on big open and guarded land.

"Are you always so formal? The name is Christian Love, us it next time."

My heart fluttered instantly. Men like...Christian doesn't allow anyone to address them by their given name. Only direct and honorable people can use given names. I don't think I've done anything to deserve Christian's trust like that.

Suddenly the car came to a complete stop in front of a gate. I've been focusing on breathing and staying calm that I barely had any idea where I was. Even worse, there was no service. I couldn't google where I was. It took a moment before the large iron gates opened revealing a long drive up a tremendous hill.

The driveway led to a massive modern home surrounded by tall pine trees and tall bushes. The entire was covered with large windows, I could see every room inside the home. The most wanted man having a see-through home...very interesting. 

"Don't worry, the windows are custom made by the best government officials. They are bomb protected and bulletproof. It would take a nuclear bomb to get through the windows." Serpent smirked before exiting the car. 

Of course, he would tease his enemies with an open opportunity only to be ready for action and an epic victory. 

My mouth was open throughout the entire tour of the house. Everything was created to be as modern and high tech as possible. It was a dream bachelor pad, perfect for a new single billionaire. 

The tour ended when we circled back to the living room. I took a seat on the white leather L shape couch by the infinity fireplace and watched as Serpent poured two glasses of white wine into glasses.

He handed me a glass before taking a seat beside me. I couldn't help but feel guilt sitting by Serpent. Not only am I disobeying my father but I've done my research about Serpent and I've read that he's heavily involved with his apparent wife. Other than his successful cover businesses, the small tidbit about his personal wife is that he's been married for 5 years. No one has seen or heard from this woman but she is the queen of his empire. Even father has mentioned something about him having a wife!

"You've been quiet since the parking lot. Little firecracker has nothing to say?" He joked as he sipped his wine. 

"Just taking in the house...it's beautiful by the way." 

I didn't know what else to say. He made me feel so nervous. Just hearing his name got me flustered. My palms were clammy and my heart was beating a thousand beats per minute.