Meet me for 7

Sorry for the late update..but here comes another beautiful chapter! Please don't forget to comment and VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Gia is the only person who could tell me if this rumor about Chermaine and Christian is true...or has some truth in it. I'm definitely not worried about Chermaine being a problem for me because I know what Christian wants. He acquires different tastes. He wants things that most people in the world can't have and he will do whatever it takes to take it. The way Christian looks at me...he makes me feel like an antique diamond; the only diamond in the entire world. He looks at me with awe and passion. No female; especially not Chermaine can come between that. But, Chermaine has been stepping into my life and making me feel so inadequate for so long that I want to show her that I am someone she should fear.

I grabbed my phone off my nightstand and dialed Gia's number. She answered on the second ring.

"Hey Gia, I know we just saw each other; thanks for the advice by the way, but I'm in need of another favor." I wondered.

"As long as I'm your bridesmaid for your wedding. What do you need?"

"I need to know if you heard anything about Chermaine and Christian being a couple? My father came in to talk to me today and he mentioned that the word on the street is that Christian has his eyes on Chermaine."

"Wow, funny you mention this because I just heard through the great vine as well that Chermaine is attending a charity event at the country club in the city and the Serpent is her date! She's been spreading these luxurious rumors about how the Serpent has been treating her to high class dinners, buying her the most expensive jewelry and clothes, and how he's planning on moving here so he can be closer to her. According to the wicked witch herself, she's been playing hard to get with the Serpent but she's finally ready to go public with their relationship. Can you believe this bullshit!?"

"Believe it? It would be easier to believe a flying pig than the bullshit that comes out of her mouth! I'm not surprised though, she's always been good at bending the truth. But when and where did you hear this?"

"After I left the coffee shop, I had to swing by the country club to get a cheque for my father and as I was passing the spa, I heard her gossiping to a group of woman by the lockers. The women were eating up her story!"

"Wow... so tell me more about this charity event."

"Well, the club is throwing a charity event to raise money for the new hospital that is being built tonight at 6pm. It's going to be quite exclusive, some high end personnel were invited and the others are members of the club. I heard the Serpent got invited but they never got a response so when everyone heard Chermaine was involved with him, the club upgraded her status to Platinum V.I.P status so she would bring the Serpent. Apparently, Chermaine invited him and he said after his meeting he will stop by to say hi and take her home."

A charity event tonight at the country club...Here I thought I was going to have a quiet night in my room.

"I got a few hours, get dressed Gia; we have a party to crash."

"EEEKKK! I've been dying to wear my new dress!"

"Be ready in 2 hours. I'll come get you and we'll go."

Gia hanged up the phone and I immediately went into my closet. I had the perfect dress that I've been saving for a moment like this. My mother encouraged me to buy the dress 2 years ago during a fashion show in New York. It was the type of dress that only the perfect body can pull off. Once I bought the dress, I spent so much time in the gym, had it altered and hid it away in the closet; secretly waiting for the moment to outshine everyone around me.

The dress is mid-thigh eggshell white backless halter neck plunged dress with ruffles and around the plunged material and 2 extremely high side slits. Before even putting on the dress, an idea popped into my head. Gia is an excellent side kick for this mission but she wouldn't bring the wow factor that I needed. I needed a...snake touch, I knew the perfect person to call.

I reached for my phone and dialed Christian's number. He answered almost immediately.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm glad you asked, most men don't. What are you plans for tonight?"

"I don't play games. Answer my fucking question, what the fuck is wrong?"

"You think everything I do is a game. I just want to know if you were busy tonight. I am requesting our presence for an event."

"What event?"

"Look who's interested all of a sudden, anyways it's a charity event at a country club."

"A country club, is this the same country club that has been ringing down my people to get me to come?"

Christian's circle is elite more than elite...it's downright secret service protected. I don't understand how the country club even got his inner circle's number. I don't know if Chermaine has it contact information...but even then how would she get his number?

"Yes, I need you to call them back and tell them you are attending with two guests. One is me of course and the other is Gia. Since your considered an exclusive guest to the charity event, if they're announcing arrivals to the party tell them to say your name and then your date Adrienne."

Christian paused for a moment before I heard his rough jagged breathing. I was probably sounding crazy right now.

"Did you take something?"

"No, Christian please listen. Do what I asked then for 7:00pm tonight. Dress nice but I'm sure your work suit is more than perfect. Don't worry about picking me up, I'll be taking a car service and getting Gia as well."

"What type of shit are you in, Adrienne? Who the fuck do you think I am traveling to a charity event when there's money to be made?"

"Christian don't be a jackass, not right now. If you like me as you claim you do then you will meet me tonight at the stupid charity event. I don't want to go as much as you do but sometimes we have to make a point. And after all the shit you put me through the lease you can do is get in your car and meet me for 7, or do I have to find someone else to be my date?"

"Do that and the bullet in his head will be on your hands."

"Perfect, than see you at 7." I hung up and silenced my ringer before he tries to call me again. I need him irritated and alert. It will give him more incentive to show up tonight."

Tonight is the night, I stop allowing people like Chermaine to disrespect me. I am the daughter of Sinister. My family's name brings fear to most of America. The man who wants to show me the world, is literally the most feared and most wanted man in the world. I can't be the shy and quiet girl I've always been. I need to step out of my shell and show the world who I am.