Unexpected Info

Since my last post... I went up 3k followers!! I am more excited than I can explain. I am in love with this story and I want more people to enjoy the story as well!! So please comment and share this story with everyone...also don't forget to SHARE!

-------------------------------------------------------

The silent between the two of us was intense. Christian continued to glare at the painting in front of him; barely moving an inch. I wanted to wait for Christian to say something...anything! I waited for him to move his hand or something but he didn't do a thing. 

"Are you leaving in the morning or night?" I wondered softly.

"Night. Should be back in Milan without a hitch." He answered truthfully.

"Do you know for how long?"

"No. When my situation has been handled, I'll come back. Business has been running to shit once I've been gone."

I had no words left that wouldn't make me cry. Since not that many people are welcomed into my life, the people I do get a chance to meet instantly hold a place in my heart. Christian is no exception to the rule. I care for him, everybody could see that. I hated he had to go.

"You're father invited me to a farewell dinner party with him and a few potential business partners. I assume you'll be there on Tuesday evening?" 

"This is the first I'm hearing of this so no. I made a promise to stay away from you, remember?"

"Hmm... you're breaking promises and lying. I need to fix this rebellious side of you."

"Lying, what are you talking about?"

"No man painted this picture, you did?"

I became frozen with shock. I took another look at the painting and to my shocking belief, I realized how Christian found out I lied. The unofficial signature I used for fun was signed at the bottom. Anyone as meticulous as Christian would have known that although the signature is different, It was still mine. 

"The signature gave me away?"

"Partly, mostly all the pictures in your room all have the same technique and expression. Add 2 and 2 together and..."

A fresh flashback of a moment ago when Christian first entered the room. I thought he was looking for answers about me when in reality he was admiring my paintings. He is right. All my paintings have a sad or emotional impression because it represented how I felt most of my life. Never would I thought in a million years that Christian would understand or know about impressions and expressions.

"Impressive...I'm sorry I lied. My art is a safe haven for me and I would do anything to keep it that way."

"Hm, well your punishment will come in due time. Remember next time that I will always find the truth so why bother hiding it?"

"Again with punishment? You need to work on your anger." I muttered softly to myself.

"This won't be the last you'll see me, you know. You're though are as clear as the sky. When I say I am coming back then I am coming back"

His words were out the blue but comforting. My facial expressions always seem to fail me. I've been getting used to Christian being so close so now he won't be a ride away anymore is a huge adjustment for me. There isn't enough time for me to prepare for him to leave without being upset about it. 

"Uncertainty in a hard concept for me; you of all people should know and understand that. You leaving causes uncertainty."

"One thing you should know about me sweetheart, I am and will continue to be the one true certain aspect in your life. Never doubt your position in my life, my feelings for you, and how much I want you in my lie. Ever."

"Whenever you're involved I will be in charge of that. Future may be a bitch and switch up on you but it isn't switching anything in our lives because you're mine and there nothing that could be done about it." Christian grabbed my chin roughly in his hands and turned my head sharply to plant a long-smoldering kiss on my thirsty lips. 

We stayed in my room for a few more minutes to continue our very heated and passionate makeout session before he had to disappear. My father was coming back son and there was already too many loose ends that I needed to tie up before my father comes home. 

Right before he left he promised me that he would take me out before he had to fly out. I wonder where Christian will take me this time. Fortunately tricking the guards to get them not to tell my father about Christian's visit was easier than I thought. Erasing and overlapping the security cameras of every camera in the house was a challenge but finished right before my mother and father walked in.

The rest of the night was spent in my art room attached to my room. In the middle of a painting, a soft knock at my door interrupted my focus. 

"Mija, are you busy? We need to talk." My father spoke out.

I turned to see my father standing by the door twirling a coin between his fingers. He had a passive look on his face. It was hard to tell if this was a good talk or a bad talk.

"Yes, Father?" 

"Today at the function, I received calls from the guards and when I called back the sudden emergency was handled. Were you here and do you know what happened when I was gone?"

"The alarms were going off, I think the security system needed to be reset. I helped out and handled the situation but I guess they wanted to inform you." I lied smoothly. 

Father looked at me for long periods of time. His eyes pierced mine as he tried to uncover the truth. I kept up the stone cold persona and matched my fathers faze. He is trained to catch liars. The moment I show weakness or fault in my story he will know something is up.

"Hmm, I expected something was off but it was probably nothing. Anyways your mother and I are planning a farewell dinner for Serpent. I would rather you not be there but being united is better for the image."

"Okay but no need to worry. I bet Serpent has moved on to bigger and better things."

"Maybe your right. Word on the street is that he has his eyes on Chermaine. She might even be his date to the dinner." He chuckled before walking off.

Wait, what did my father just say? I know he didn't mention Christian and Chermaine together in the same sentence! What does he mean Christian has his eyes on Chermaine?? This was new to my ears.

I waited a few moments for my father to be far away from the quarters before running back to my room to get my phone. There was only one person who could find out the latest gossip in the mafia world and see if there is any legitimacy to those rumors. 

Gia.