~Chapter One~

"I didn't think I could be true, let alone that it would be you. I think I'm in love again."
- Kat Daliha

The sun glistened through Akaashi's window, giving him the perfect lighting to draw. His hands guided the pencil smoothly across the paper, creating intricate designs of all sorts. He felt a smile form on his face as he added the finishing touch to his artwork. Holding the paper in front of him, he nodded, as to say that he was truly done.

The raven haired boy stood up from his window seat and closed his sketch book—he then placed it with the others on top of his desk.

Akaashi Keji wasn't always into art like he is now. It more of a hobby than a passion back then. Artists were always despised in his hometown. They were seen as lazy, since people thought that art couldn't replace a more practical career.

But even though she knew this, Akaashi's mother encouraged him to pursue his drawing. She wanted her 9 year old son to grow up without caring about what other people thought, because no matter what, she would love him either way.

And so, what had started as a simple hobby turned into a lifestyle—and it's been like that for the past 9 years.

He let out a content sigh as he fell back on his bed. As he stared at the cream colored ceiling, he thought about the next few days. Akaashi would be attending his dream school, Nekordani University, that had the best art program in all of Japan. He would also be meeting a new roommate that he hoped could bare him staying up late with his drawings.

A knock broke the comfortable silence. "Keji! Have you finished packing yet?" A soft voice spoke.

Akaashi jumped up from his bed and opened the door. "Almost, mom! Would you like me to help with dinner?"

Aiko laughed. "No, sweetie, but thank you! Are you excited?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure," He put his hand behind his head. "Like—I know this is my dream school, but what if—"

"Ah ah ah! No 'what if's' around here, Keji. In this house, there's only a 'what is'. Don't worry about what might happen and enjoy what's already happening!" His mom said, cheerfully while giving her son a hug.

Akaashi smiled. "Yeah."

*****
A/N AND THERE IT IS FOLKS! IVE BEEN WAITING TO DO THIS AU FOR A LONG TIME NOW

IN THE NEXT CHAPTER, AKAASHI WILL MEET A SIMILAR SOUL, HIS FUTURE ROOMMATE!! Ahh I can't wait to write Kenma into the story!

See you next time!

XOXO~