~Chapter Four~

The small sunrise over the Nekorodani campus was truly a work of art in Akaashi's eyes. The mix of vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges made him feel like he was jogging through one of his paintings.

Although he had just met Kenma, he learned that they both shared a love of skies—especially sunrises and sunsets. From what Akaashi could tell, Kenma was very similar to himself. They both were quiet, antisocial, and both in the art program here. He didn't peg Kenma as an artsy person, but then again he did mention that he's into animation.

Humming along to his favorite song, Akaashi turned around the corner when someone tapped on his shoulder.

When he turned around, he was not expecting what he saw—a tall handsome guy with golden eyes and a muscular build.

Then he saw his hair.

Akaashi couldn't decide if his hair was just like that or if he styled it that way. Not to mention, the guy was also blushing to the point where his whole face was red.

"You—you dropped your keys," The guy stammered, handing them over to Akaashi.

He smiled sweetly as he took out his other earbud. "Thank you! I didn't even notice that they fell from my pocket."

"My name is Bokuto by the way!" He said with a big smile.

Although his smile was still there, Akaashi's eyes widened.

Bokuto?

The same Bokuto who apparently screams everyday? The same Bokuto who he wanted to stay as far away as possible from?

Oh great. He just called this lunatic handsome.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're very pretty— I mean beautiful?" Bokuto said, messing with his hair. "Like really, beautiful."

Now it was Akaashi's turn to start blushing. "Beautiful is a word that is used to describe me quite often—although I disagree. But thank you! I am Akaashi Keji."

"Gah! What a pretty name! It's perfect for you!"

One more compliment and Akaashi would start to holding his face in his hands. "Thank you!"

Bokuto crossed his arms. "Did you just recently move in? I haven't seen you around before, cause I think I would remember if I saw you."

"Yeah, I just moved in yesterday afternoon, unlike my peers who have been here since last week," Akaashi said with his face in his hands.

"My bro and I are throwing a 'Welcome to the Campus' party at our dorm if you want to come," Bokuto said while gesturing to a guy with messy black hair—who looks like he's arguing with a squirrel.

What's with these people here? Akaashi thought. Wait, isn't that the guy Kenma was looking at last night?

"You don't have to come or anything—" Bokuto continued, face getting red again. "Kuroo and I just thought we'd invite all the new students at Nekorodani. You can totally invite your friends, too, if you want."

Although Akaashi doesn't really like social events, he and Kenma had nothing better to do. Plus, Kuroo was going to be there, which would give Kenma motivation to go.

"I'll be there," He said which made Bokuto beam with a huge smile. "Here is my number so you can give me more information."

"HeY hEY HEY! Thank you, Akawshi!" Bokuto said while jumping in the air.

Akaashi winced. That isn't how you say his name. "Could you quiet down, Bokuto? It's still very early in the morning."

"SORRY!" Bokuto yelled. "I mean sorry."

Akaashi sighed. "That's a start, I guess."

~~~~

"No," Kenma retorted while opening the door to the classroom.

"But it's a chance for you to make new friends!" Akaashi tried to convince him.

"I don't need friends, they disappoint me," He said while making some weird movement along with it.

"Then what am I to you?" Akaashi questioned while not understanding the reference.

"An ally. Associate. Perhaps a comrade, if you will," Kenma said, sounding dead serious. "Now, can we find a seat?"

Akaashi tilted his head in concern. "Okay then. Anyway a little owl told me that someone will be there that might change your mind."

Kenma turned to him. "Who could possibly make me want to go to a party?"

"I found some seats," Akaashi walked over to two desks in the third row.

Kenma, however, didn't move. "Are you just gonna ignore my question?"

"If you didn't want to go," He said while sitting down. "Then why do you want to know so badly?"

"Because you're being weird about it," Kenma brows furrowed as he sat down next to Akaashi. "Now tell me."

"Fine," Akaashi's lips curled into a smirk while looking into Kenna's eyes. "His name is Kuroo."

He could see his eyes sparkle before turning away. "I don't know who you're talking about."

Akaashi smiled. "Sure, Kenma."

A few minutes later, someone who appeared to be the teacher walked in.

"What up, class?" He said while throwing a cigarette away in the trash can. "I'm Professor Keishin, but you guys can just call me Ukai."

He moved across the classroom to sit on a stool at the front. "I was born and raised in Tokyo and moved here with my boyfriend, Takeda, last year."

Ukai pushed his blonde hair back with a black headband. "I really enjoyed art when I was a little kid—despite my grandfather's view on it. As I grew up, I became very passionate about encouraging others to pursue their dreams since nobody really did for me as a kid. So that's how I began teaching at the school with the best art program in all of Japan, Nekorodani University."

"I think that's enough about me," Ukai said as he smiled. "Now it's your turn, class."

****

I'm back ya'll
Sorry for my disappearance ;( I was very busy
Can you guys forgive me 🙏🏽
Hoo I'm excited to introduce the other characters in the story and I'm glad that I got the ships meeting out of the way so that the story can start. ;3

Anyway...See y'all in the next chapter, my lovelies~

XOXO Stormy~