~Chapter Thirteen~

"Of course, I'm falling for you, dumbass."

Those seven words were the only ones on Bokuto's mind. Butterflies flew in his stomach as he replayed his and Akaashi's dream-like kiss. God, he's so perfect, he thought, I'll wonder if he'll want come over—

Buzz. Buzz.

Bokuto leaped off of his bed and nearly knocked over his desk trying to grab his phone. Damn, he thought, it's just Kuroo.

"What do you want," Bokuto asked harshly. If he was being honest, he really was hoping it was someone else.

"Sorry to bother, it's Akaashi by the way..."

At this moment, Bokuto knew he fucked up.

"AWGASHI! I'M SORRY! I —uh— JUST WOKE UP AND FELT REALLY TIRED!"

"Bokuto it is 3 in the afternoon—"

"NAPTIME?"

Akaashi laughed over the phone. "Of course, but anyway, my phone died so I used Kuroo's phone to talk to you. I was wondering if you could come by the courtyard for a while."

Bokuto's heart was still racing from his grave mistake. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"Oh, yeah, of course! See you there!"

He hung up before he screwed up again. He threw his phone and looked in the mirror on his door.

Bokuto ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. How did I get with a guy like Akaashi, he wondered. Sure, all the guys and girls were all over him in high school, but he felt that his looks could never compare to those of the guy he kissed last night.

When it comes to dating, Bokuto very familiar with the term. He dated multiple guys all throughout high school, not at the same time, of course. He didn't understand how Kuroo could devote himself to one person; he didn't understand what it felt like to truly fall for someone.

He never found himself speechless whenever he saw someone walk into a room, and he never felt his heart flutter whenever he heard someone's laugh.

Of course that was until he met Akaashi.

It's just something that about him that makes Bokuto smile as wide as he possibly can. Maybe it's the cute way Akaashi covers his mouth before he laughs, or even the way his hair curls up and the ends no matter how much he straightens it out.

If one day, Bokuto takes him home to meet his grandparents, I'm sure they would love him. His heart is even fluttering just at the thought of it.

Bokuto put on a pair of sneakers and decided to leave, because if he didn't leave now, he would be here for the rest of the day just thinking about Akaashi.

"Let's see how this goes," he said to himself and walked out the door.

~~~

As Bokuto walked into the courtyard, he saw Kuroo waving over to him. As he got closer, he saw that the rest of the gang—Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Kenma, and Akaashi—were there, too.

"Hey," Akaashi smiled.

Bokuto blushed. "Hey."

Everyone else looked at each other and raised their eyebrows.

"Jesus Christ!" Kuroo yelled. "Get a room!"

Both of the boys turned away from each other in embarrassment.

Iwaizumi nodded at Oikawa, and he nodded back.

"Okay, gays," Oikawa said, standing up on the park bench. "We are all kinda in relationships now, so let's move on to our first order of business!"