~Chapter Sixteen~

Tick-tock.
Tick-tock.

Kenma absentmindedly watched the cafeteria clock, and at first glance, Kenma's red and puffy eyes looked like a result of all-night study sessions. In reality, he just spent the last hour crying over his boyfriend.

"Hey, Kenma?" A voice asked. "It is already seven o'clock, should we go home to finally finish the project?"

Kenma looked at Akaashi but didn't answer.

"I know! Perhaps you can show me some of the new video game demo you've been creating these past couple of weeks!"

Still no response.

Akaashi sighed and put his hand on Kenma's shoulder. "I know it feels like your world is crumbling down like sandcastles, but I do not want you to waste your tears on something that could possibly be a misunderstanding."

"Tell me, Akaashi, what am I misunderstanding? The part where my boyfriend kissed another girl? Or the part where he told me I was the only one?" Kenma shouted.

Akaashi pulled his hand back due to his sudden outburst.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry," Kenma put his head in his hands.

Akaashi then pulled Kenma into a big hug as Kenma muttered apologies in between quiet sobs.

"Let's go back to the dorm, okay?"

"Okay," he said softly.

On the way there, Kenma got a call from Kuroo but immediately declined it. Man, he thought, I wish it was just the 'Three Cats and a Crow' again. The worst thing that ever happened to us was getting the usual homophobic remark from the boys in gym class. They even helped me get through those damn social events at school and we helped each other come out to our parents.

But back then, he had Lev, Hinata, and Yaku to lean back on. Now, despite Akaashi's company, it feels like Kenma's going through this all alone.

When they arrived, Kenma dried his tears and asked Akaashi to give him a moment alone on the phone. While dialing the number, he prayed that the guy on the other end would pick up—and sure enough, he did.

"Gwaah! Kenma? I haven't talked to you in forever!" An excited voiced yelled. "Lev and Yaku are here, too! I'll go get them!"

"Same old Hinata," Kenma said to himself and smiled for the first time in hours.

"What—Kenma? Hey, man! How's it been at that fancy art school—" Yaku started, but was quickly interrupted by Lev.

"OI, KENMA! YOU'RE SO COOL! YOU GET TO GO TO NEKORODANI!" Lev screamed, as usual. "And guess what? Yaku and I are dating now! Who knew that I would fall in love with someone so short—ow! Yaku! That hurt!"

"That's what you get, you tall motherfucker!" Yaku yelled in the background.

"Give me my phone back guys!" Hinata whined.

Kenma let out a laugh. He really missed his friends' chaotic antics.

"Hey guys, in case you're not doing anything, can you come to my art show tomorrow morning?" He asked, voice full of hope.