~Chapter Fourteen~

"So you're telling me," Kenma growled. "That I got out of bed and stopped a perfectly good game of MonHun for an escape room?"

"You're acting like this is the worst thing ever," Oikawa pouted.

"Are you implying it's not?"

Kuroo wrapped an arm around Kenma's shoulders. "You can work with me if that'll make you happy."

"Deal."

Bokuto let out a small laugh. "Did you guys forget that we are some of the dumbest people to ever walk this earth?"

"Excuse you!" Kuroo and Oikawa, the physics majors, yelled in unison.

"Did I fucking stutter?"

"Can't we just go one day without any fights?" Iwaizumi sighed.

"I'm afraid not," answered Akaashi.

"Anyway," Oikawa said. "Let's just get inside already."

One couple after another, the boys entered the mall where the escape room event was located. They went straight there despite Kenma begging to stop for cookies along the way.

Once they got there, they met the guy running the place, Kyle. He was your typical American teenager—blonde hair, blue eyes, tanned skin—yet he spoke perfect Japanese.

"Alright, so basically you're all going to be hostages inside of a basement while trying to escape before 'The Beast' comes back."

Yikes, thought Kenma.

"Don't worry, dudes," Kyle said to the obviously nervous college guys. "If you get stuck on anything, I will give you up to three hints before I can legally make fun of you. Here's the walkie talkie so you can talk to me."

"That's fair," Oikawa said.

"Okay, when you're all ready, please head on in," Kyle said while motioning to the first room to their right. "Have fun, and good luck!"

As they opened the door, any hope they had left was vanished. The room was pitch black, and no, the light switch was not right to the door. After minutes of crashing into walls, chairs, and literally everything else in the room, Akaashi found a button under a small rug by the bookshelves.

When light filled up the room, everyone could finally see their surroundings. The walls were seemingly made of brick, while the floors appeared to be concrete. Across from them was a locked door next to a coat rack.

"Nice one, Kaashi!" Bokuto smiled.

"Shit, man," Iwaizumi said and he crossed his arms. "If it took us that long to find the light switch, It's going to take us years to get out of here."

Kuroo punched his arm with a little too much force. "It will if you have that attitude!"

"Why you so pressed right now, bro?" Bokuto laughed.

"Escape rooms are fucking awesome! So let's hurry up and this first clue!"

The boys agreed to split up, Kenma and Kuroo would search the front of the room, Bokuto and Akaashi would take the back, and Oikawa and Iwaizumi had everything else in between.

To be honest, Kenma didn't really want to be here. He checked to see if anyone was looking, and when he got his answer, he crawled under a desk near the door. Maybe nobody will mind if I just, he thought as he closed his eyes.

"I really hope you're looking for clues under there and not trying to take a nap," Kuroo said.

Dammit.