Chapter 1.

"It's okay, come on." Rey said, ushering the last of the Resistance survivors onto the Falcon. Rey was stressed out to say the least. She needed to speak with Finn, and touch base with the General. So much had happened in so little time, she thought. 

Luke, her master and teacher, was gone from this planet and from her life. She had only known him for a short time, but their own bond within the force gave Rey such comfort that she had never known, and that comfort was now replaced with the peace and purpose he had left behind.

 With a frown, the word 'Bond' reminded her of Luke's nephew. 'Ben' her mind whispered to her, soft in such a way that seemed to nearly eased all of her worries. Rey quickly shook the feeling away, unsure of the man himself. As much as she had tried to fight the truth, the man she was bonded with, was still at the end of the day, her sworn enemy.

What was the next step here? Would Ben find them? And kill them? Where are they to go now th-

Her though was interrupted by the familiar buzzing, followed by complete silence; An indicator that the pair was linked now through their force bond. 

Immediately, Rey tensed, glancing around and realizing that the final Resistance survivor had already loaded onto the ship, having left Rey to her thoughts.

 Satisfied that they were alone, Rey looked towards her right, and gazed down at Ben- Stubbornly, Rey corrected herself. No, this was Kylo Ren... He had chosen that, above all else she offered... This, was his choice.

Focusing on him, Rey observed him. Kylo was crouched down the ground, his fist clutching something in his gloved palm, and she watched him for a moment until she saw his shoulders tense, realizing the bond had settled into place without his knowledge.

Kylo's head whipped towards her, almost surprised to see her there, and she noticed the flicker in his eyes switch to anger...Anger...and something else. Hurt? Betrayal? Rey tried to make sense of it. Should she be the one who felt betrayed? She wondered.

They simply stared at one another for a moment, both filled with so much to say, yet they remained silent in this space between time that their bond created for them. In this bond, they were one, though in their current state of mind, they would never realize it.

Observing her, Kylo felt the shift in Rey as she was building up courage to speak, every emotion and thought so vivid in her eyes and way she so stubbornly stood. He wanted badly to scoff at that, to laugh at the idea of this girl, the scavenger, being courageous.

But deep down, he knew. He knew all too well that she is courageous in everything she does. 'A survivor', his mind spoke. It was admirable he felt, but the dark side of his mind quickly ushered that notion out, and reminded him that she refused him, denied him of his offer and care.

Just as quickly as the admiration came, it withdrew from him, replaced with apprehension and annoyance with her.

Kylo watched as she timidly crept towards him, only a foot away now as she towered over him as she was still bent to the ground.  Instinctively, his finger twitched towards his lightsaber that hung at his hip, becoming increasingly aware of the weapon. Would he be able to strike her? He thought. Without reason, his jaw tensed. 

"Ben," she whispered, almost the same way she had back in the throne room after they defeated Snoke and his guards. It felt unreal, to be here again so soon, with her.

 "Come with me." she demanded. He noted the tears that threatened to leak, her cheeks reddening from her plea as her breath hitched. Kylo stared seemingly blankly at Rey, barely blinking as her studied her, anticipating her next move, crouched there on the edge of his basic and boyish flight or fight instinct.