Chapter 32.

Several days later, Rey was keeping herself busy as she packed last minute items into a small satchel, wondering if her nerves would ever calm. The closer the day to leave came, the worse it got. Her stomach was constantly tight, her temples throbbing, heart racing.

The anxiety was almost too much.

Sighing, Rey lifted a hand to her cheek, giving a small press to help cool her down. The Challenge Day was so vile to her, and the picture she had in her mind of how the city of Cinnon'Ra is, made her cringe. Yet, she could not deny that underneath it all, she was eager to get a glimpse of Ben.

What was complicated even more than her plan, was how she felt about him, and what would happen once her plan was in action.

Rey practiced every single moment of the day for the plan, alongside both Flora and Kai, who seemed excited for the getaway and for the oncoming fight that they were flying to.

What was most important to Rey, however, was keeping the girls safe, and Ben himself.

Now, in only a few hours, they would be leaving in the middle of the night, Chewie and BB-8 ready aboard the Millennium Falcon, and set to take off the moment all three women set foot on the ship.

The anticipation made Rey's hands shake against her cheek, and she clasped her hands together, steadying her breath.

Right then, she heard a soft knock at the door to her chambers, making Rey quickly turn towards it only to see Princess Leia entering and closing the door behind her.

The atmosphere quickly changed, the air filling with scents of lilies and ocean water. It reminded Rey of the small island she often thought of... the island she met Anakin and Obi Wan on.

Rey opened her mouth to speak, her body and mind willing to give a small hello, in hopes that it would show the General that she was calm. However, Rey sensed that Leia knew better.

In fact, Leia knew it all.

Leia Organa stepped closer to Rey, her small frame covered by a long, grey dress and black cloak. From behind layers of clothing, her hand reached towards Rey's, and the young girl caught her hand, each holding the others to give reassurance.

Rey's stomach clenched again, and her emotions beckoned for a release that Rey refused.

'Not now... not now...' she kept telling herself as she glanced to the ground, and back to meet Leia's eyes.

"I know you're leaving." Leia said, a sad smile tugging at her lips. Rey realized that the General was holding back tears as well.

"How?" Rey's small voice whispered as she blinked away her own tears.

"Chewie never leaves without a goodbye." Leia said, trying and failing to force out a chuckle.

Rey looked away again, feeling ashamed that there had to be a goodbye at all, especially when it came to Leia.

Rey shook her head, trying to fight off the negative thoughts that came flooding through her mind, begging her to call it all off.

"I have to go." Rey muttered, swallowing the sob she wanted to cry out. Clearing her throat, she looked back up to Leia when her tears ran away. "I have to."

Leia was already nodding when their eyes met. "I know." The older woman said calmly. She moved her hand out of Rey's and embraced her, and they stood there for a few moments as their anxiety and impatience clashed together, and eventually, washed away.

Together, they were stronger. Rey thought it may have had something to do with the force, but right now, she couldn't think about that.

Stepping back, Leia took a cloth from her cloaks pocket and dabbed a few times at each of her cheeks before she spoke.