Chapter 66.

She wanted to be a star.

With millions of yellow grained sands surrounding her,

She gazes up at the night above her,

Worshipping the unknown

Since she was just a child -

She wanted, oh, so badly, to be the sparkling dust in the sky.

( x )

In the blink of an eye, Rey was drawn back from her childish memories as she shockingly realized that the distant lights in the sky were not stars, but more ships that were piloted by members of the First Order, people that wanted to bring an end to those surrounding her, to kill them and let their legacies lay within the dirt.

Her heart clenched at the thought, and she could feel the blood rush to her ears with anger, so quick that it nearly made her dizzy. The grip on her lightsaber grew tighter.

In the far distance of the field, if she squinted her eyes, she could see their first landfall; A large space warship delivering AT-AT's, the first steps of the monstrous bots shaking the ground.

From above, TIE-fighters screeched loudly as they came closer, bolts of red and green piercing the air as they began their attack, forcing Resistance members to dodge the shots and readjust their positions.

"Hold!" Leia's voice rang in, clear and stern.

At the command, Rey's heartbeat began to pound painfully within her chest, and she could hear Ben's breathing hitch, his own agitation strumming along the rhythm that is the force.

More ships burst into their view, appearing out of nowhere with the help of traveling through light speed, just as the TIE-fighters came around for another blow.

"Steady!" Leia called again, her eyes black and hard as she tried to focus on the sight in the distance, making out the shapes of heavily armed Stormtroopers marching their way to the base, with First Order speeders passing them with ease.

The air stilled, the large group's breathing hitched as they anxiously readjusted their weapons, a few cries in the distance as more shots were blasted from the air, this time, redirected with the help of Ben.

The sudden movement of Ben's outstretched arm made everyone jump as he channeled the force to redirect the blasts into the other TIE-fighters, causing two of the spacecrafts to crash into one another, and fall to the ground.

"Hold..." Leia repeated, watching as the First Order fleet grew closer, and closer...

To the right of the bunker, Poe turned to glance a worried look towards to Leia, who only held a single finger up to him, a crease appearing on her forehead as her brows drew together, watching the sight on the field.

She took a quick moment to feel the energy surrounding her, worried about her timing, second guessing herself so much that she nearly considered surrendering...

But the thought was gone in an instant, just as fast as it had appeared right when she felt a steady wave course through her veins, a sure sign that it was time.

Opening her eyes, Leia caught a glimpse of the ships closing in on their base, and their troopers making fast footwork of closing the distance, their blasters triggering off, trying to break through the shields that surrounded them.

In the dark sky above, the last ship flew in from lightspeed, an Imperial shuttle she was more than sure carried none other than General Hux.

With everything she could muster up, Leia spoke as loudly as she could, a single word that was to trigger their plan.