Chapter 43.

She made sure to give him some space.

From a mile away, she could still feel the tension in the air as if he were right in front of her.

Both Rey and Kylo were equally confused, equally frustrated.

Sighing, Rey kicked away a rock as she slowly made her way back to the hut, throwing her head back as she peered up at the sky.

'Stars... What will I do?' she asked, a silent plea flowing from her.

Rey felt her head begin to throb with so many questions on her mind. She was beginning to be impatient, far too eager to know the outcome of Kylo's choice about joining her or not. In Rey's mind, she felt their bond growing, and unable to deny it, her feelings grew for him too.

Mindlessly, her fingertips brushed at her lips as she remembered the way he had kissed her.

'The way a man kisses a woman...'

Her cheeks began to warm, her stomach doing flips at the memory of his body pressed up against hers, his hot breath against her ear...her neck...

Rey felt a small tremor soar through her.

How was this man able to cause this reaction from her? She just did not know. Everyone in the galaxy feared him... This man was their nightmare... the Prince of darkness... The Supreme Leader...

Yet...

Yet... She has witnessed another side to him... A side that has shown her care, and safety. She felt protected and capable when she was with him. Even through his aggression, he was reliable, and that stood out to Rey in more ways than she could count.

Shivering, Rey looked around the woods, glancing from tree to tree. It was strange to her, this weather here. One day it was as hot as Jakku, the next it was windy and cloudy, or even storming. Today though, it was starting to get cold, the chill in the air made everything appear grey.

Her brows furrowed as she focused on the sky.

'White clouds...Grey sky...'

With that, Rey made her back to the hut.

( X )

He was irritated.

Giving too much information to the enemy... to the scavenger...

Kylo could hear the remarks that Snoke would make, the disappointment and disgust in the pits of his eyes.

He rolled his eyes, throwing the memory away.

Snoke was no longer his concern.

The only thing that mattered was getting the throne back, as soon as he killed that damned Hux.

The name alone made him sneer.

The throne was rightfully his. Hux would never be able to maintain it, nor be a rightful leader, the pure thought of it nearly made Kylo laugh.

Yet, here he was...In Arrowmada... With Rey... As Hux overtook his rule.

Running a rough hand through his hair, Kylo sat in the large chair that sat in the middle of the lounge area, full view of his books and desk, debating if he should start a fire now or later.

His thoughts swiftly drifted to the image of Rey, her skin glowing from the reflection of the fire.

Kylo moved to rest his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward, trying his best not to curse the stars out loud.