Chapter 7.

(Edited 04/08/2021)

If anyone was right about anything, it was Rey having predicted that the night would be quite the emotional one.

The ceremony went extremely well, the entire rebellion watching as Finn and Rose declared their love and devotion to each other, promising one another their own lives to their spouse for the rest of time.

Cheers broke out just as quickly as their tears and smiles did, happiness spreading throughout the base and shining bright. Rey grinned, her heart warm with excitement for her newlywed friends.

A moment later, the couple shared their first kiss as bride and groom, prompting everyone to toss their flowers to the alter, showering the pair with love and support.

Rey was absolutely thrilled, laughing with glee as she followed suit and tossed the small boquet of daisies one at a time.

She had never witnessed such enjoyment, never had the opportunity to be part of a beautiful moment like this one. Rey sighed, knowing she would keep this memory with her for the rest of her life

Shortly after the ceremony, the guests were told to being moving outside to the back of the base, where it was decorated with twice as many flowers and lanterns, lights strung up between tree branches.

Those tasked with clearing out all debris and junk from the yard did a wonderful job, not a spot left uncleansed or undecorated. There was a designated area where the bar sat, people lining up to get their favorite alcoholic drinks that they hadn't enjoyed in a very long time.

All thanks were due to Maz Kanata, who had made the journey to the new Resistance base to share in the celebration gifting crates beyond crates of wine and tonics.

Leaning up against the wall near the exit of the base, Rey was keeping to herself, eyeing everyone as they mingled and laughed.

She noted how people flocked to Finn and Rose, giving their well wishes, and soon moving onto to speak with General Organa, who sat at the main table with the new couple. She looked absolutely remarkable, dressed in a royal gown, the gold and maroon colors making the Princess glow.

"Quite the beautiful dress." Poe said to Rey, joining her at her side with a lopsided smile, drink in hand.

His hand was tucked into the back of his pocket, and he looked more relax than Rey had ever seen him. He was dressed in dark colors as well, black dress pants with a white dress shirt, his sleeves messily rolled up to his forearms.

Poe looked rather dashing, Rey thought. In another lifetime, she may have even commented such, but she was not entirely ignorant to his affections, and she was sure she would not be able to stop a blush at a time like this.

She returned his smile, and nodded. "Yes, she does. I guess she's used to this type of thing though, being a princess and all." Rey replied, figuring that he had been watching her gaze and had spoken about Leia.

Poe squinted his eyes for a second, glancing down and back up to meet her eyes as Rey turned. "Well, her does, too. But I was actually talking about you." His smile widened and showed his gleaming, white teeth.

This time, Rey did blush, not matter how hard she tried not to. She wanted to roll her eyes but knew it would be rude.

Her skin was agitated from the blushing tonight, and she wondered if she would get used to being complimented as she had tonight.

"Thank you, Poe. You look dashing yourself." She returned, meaning every word.

After a moment of silence, music began to play over the loud conversations. Motioning to the bar with a slight nod, Poe asked, "So, want a drink?"