Chapter 60.

Rey's makeup / hair / and dress!

THE DAY OF THE WEDDING.

( x )

It was maddening now.

In every moment since she woke, she tried to reach out through the force for guidance, for her friend, for her master. No one answered her, the force seemingly refusing any comfort to her mind to ensure all would be okay.

But she could make it be okay, couldn't she? At least that's what she felt Ben was alluding to...

She wasn't sure if she had it in her to lead anybody, and even if she did, who would that be?

She didn't know.

Why would she anyway?

'For Leia... For Poe... For Finn and Rose... For Flora, and Chewie, and the rest of her friends... For Ben... For myself...' Rey's mind whispered to her.

Mindlessly, Rey bit at her bottom lip.

The only leaders she had ever really known had been Leia and Ben, people on the opposite sides of the war who led in extremely different ways. Leia was more headstrong, always analyzing the person she fought against, understanding their weakness and attacking when the moment was right.

With Ben, he was more strategic, stern in his ways when it came to recognizing a threat and stopping it in its place. It was like a game, Rey realized. 'Use the right pieces, at the right moments, think of where you are and where you want to be...' Rey nodded to herself.

Thinking of the statement, she knew she was stuck here, just like the people who resided here on Naboo, following orders and never breathing a breath of air that belonged to just them.

'Freedom.'

Something she could relate heavily to when it came to longing for it...

Ben was always cautious, always knowing the way his team thought, and Rey understood why that worked, how they went so long without any faulty member until Finn turned. Pair that with Leia's care and strength...