Chapter 8.

(Edited 04/09/2021)

It had been a whirlwind of a day, Rey mused. With all that had happened between the bond, her vision, and even the conversation with Maz, Rey was quite content with the state of mind she was currently in since it allowed her to forget about it all.

With a laugh and a twirl, Rey cupped a hand to her hot cheek. She was well on her third drink now, already feeling the results, and quite giddy with it, questioning why she had never tried this before.

And now, much to her disbelief, she was dancing.

Willingly dancing at that, with Poe Dameron, the charming bastard. The thought made her laugh again.

She was in love with this feeling, she felt free for once, being able to let go of her troubles. On the stage next to the main table, a newly revised Cantina Band played something very up-beat, the music vibrating the ground that her feet moved upon. Poe was leading her with one hand, his grin at an all-time wide, which made Rey's grin grow as well.

"I've never even danced before, this is amazing! I love it!" she exclaimed, and he nodded, only partly hearing her over the music. They were lost in the crowd on the dancefloor now with everyone feeling good dancing alongside their loved ones with drink in hand.

How could she ever let anything in the galaxy bother her when she could just dance it away? Rey thought to herself, closing her eyes and letting her guard down as her body moved in every way that the tune allowed her.

Never in her life, could she picture herself here in this exact spot, intoxicated, attending the wedding of her dearest friends, dancing with a man while she wore a dress that clung to every curve!

She silently wished she could feel this forever, to feel this carefree energy that raced through her.

Everyone should feel this, she thought. At least once in their lifetime!

Briefly, Rey wondered if Kylo Ren had ever experienced such a thing.

The mere mention of his name in her mind made her roll her eyes and scoff before she gave a hearty laugh. It was difficult to imagine the large man doing anything that didn't involve brooding and destruction.

Still though, it made her giggle.

Poe gave no mind to it, his grin widening if it was at all possible. Rey was having a wonderful time, and that was all that had mattered to him.

Rey let his hand go and twirled to the beat once more, closing her eyes as her arms lifted into the air, taking the moment for everything it was worth.

She yelled at her own mind, 'Kylo Ren!' she laughed. 'Kylo Ren, the Supreme Leader, ha!' She laughed some more, his features slowly forming into her thoughts; Dark, wavy hair...Moles spready about like stars... his long scar from brow to shoulder...The eyes that always seemed to see more than what she spoke...

In another lifetime-

Her eyes opened before she could finish the thought.

In another lifetime...What? She asked herself, mindlessly dancing now. Poe pulled her in close, and she was half grateful for it, since it hid the flush along her cheeks, growing red with the thought of Kylo.

Rey hadn't even noticed when the tune changed into something slow and sultry, but the rhythm was seductive to the ear, and again, she let Poe take the lead. He pressed her close enough that her body pressed against his, making her feel somewhat awkward, but her senses heightened slightly at the contact.

He was muscular in a different way than she'd seen any other male. And now that Rey thought of it, she realized the only other man she had ever truly seen, was Kylo's.