Chapter 31.

A few days later, Rey was wandering the docking stations where the Millennium Falcon was resting, and alongside it, Chewie sat on the dirt as he turned a broken compressor around in his furry hands.

Rey smiled to herself as she admired her loyal friend, feeling a quick prick of sadness poke at her heart as she remembered the moment that tore him apart.

Sighing, Rey made her way over towards him a small smile playing on her lips as she heard the whizzing of a robot quickly approach from behind her. Looking down, her smile widened when she saw BB-8 rolling at her side, greeting her.

Somehow, this little machine knew of the weight that lay on her shoulders, and Rey was comforted by the knowledge for a reason she was unsure of.

Chewie stood on his large feet, roaring his own greeting to Rey, who now stood in front of him. He ruffled her hair, and told her he missed seeing her face, making Rey grin even more.

"I'm sorry, Chewie. I've been training endlessly." Rey said, glancing down to the new, purple bruise she was spotting on her arm, thanks to Flora. They had been training all day, testing out new strikes and throwing daggers at wooden planks, anything to help the cause.

Chewie nodded eagerly, understanding fully well how committed she was to her job.

Nervously, Rey glanced from the ground, to his face, and back down to BB-8.

"Well, I need your help, Chewie. Now more than ever." Rey said, almost whispering the request. BB-8 whistled his surprise, and scooted closer to hear Chewie's response.

For a moment, Rey was unsure what he would say, or if he even understood that she was asking a favor of him.

What shocked her though, was the way Chewie did not hesitate to reply with full loyalty and understanding, telling her that he would do anything for her, adding that he would also do anything for Ben.

Rey instantly froze, and her eyes shot up to Chewie's.

At that moment, it dawned on her that she never gave much attention to the relationship Chewie and Ben had before he gave himself to the dark side, and to Rey, the fact that Chewie knew they were doing this mission for Ben, gave all the answers Rey needed.

To Chewie, this was still his best friend's son, his partner's family, and for Han, Chewie would always be dedicated to bringing Ben back, for both Han and for Leia. To him, Ben would always be the hope that Han died for, the hope that would save the galaxy from the impending war that was coming their way.

Realizing that she was staring at this point, tears threatening to spill over, Rey blinked them away as she turned around to look up at the sky, BB-8 positioned himself at her side once more, and Chewie threw a heavy arm over her shoulders and joined the pair.

Behind them, Flora and Kai approached and took a place besides BB-8, glancing towards Rey, and to the pink, purple sky that surrounded them.

"Sky watching?" Kai asked, boredom already dripping from her usual bubbly tone.

Her tone made Rey chuckle, admiring how Kai never hid how she truly felt.

Chewie roared a humorous growl, telling her to watch the attitude, which made all three girls laugh.

Settling down, Rey peered up at Chewie and gave his arm a small nudge as she spoke. "Chewie has agreed to help us, to help Ben."

Flora and Kai's heads turned to Chewie quickly, surprised just as Rey was when he agreed. Chewie nodded and shrugged, loving the attention.