Chapter 50.

A few hours later on their journey to Naboo, Kylo Ren entered a quick code on the console in front of him, letting the ship shift into a cruise position, allowing him to finally unbuckle from his seat and find Rey.

It was a very quiet ride thus far, neither of them speaking as Kylo tried to organize his plan, and Rey trying to reach out to Flora through the force. The energy she was attempting to muster was, in the end, just exhausting her more. But she grew desperate.

Amongst the stars that Flora seemed to touch, left behind a ghost that trailed off into the wind, leaving nothing behind.

Eventually, she wordlessly left the cockpit, taking a quick walk down the small halls of the ship, wishing so deeply that she was instead walking the halls of the Falcon.

Jaw clenched, Kylo slowly made his way to the comm unit at the center of the ship, finding Rey sitting on the ground in front of it, streaks of tears staining her face as she looked up at him as he approached, his hand forming a hesitant fist as he tried to determine what to do next.

He didn't like seeing her this way...

He could feel it in himself, how much he truly hated it...

When she had left the cockpit earlier, he was thankful for it, finally able to clear his own mind after trying to find her friend himself, grabbing the face of a memory Rey was thinking of to channel his own force, and still, he came to nothing.

As Rey had continued her search, Kylo knew fully well she would not hold off or hold back on trying to find Flora, and if he were to try and advise her to save her strength, in the end, she'd refuse.

So, instead, he let her be.

And her exhaustion was beginning to make him sick, his head throbbing and bones beginning to ache, making him dizzy as he piloted the ship, their bond more alive than ever even as they sat next to each other on the small ship.

Sighing, he stood in front of her now, head still throbbing though the dizziness faded. Through their bond, he could feel the anxiety taking its toll, her mind was heavy with thought and worry.

Hesitantly, he reached a hand down to her, a moment of fear coursed through him since the last time he held an open palm to her, she rejected him...

To his relief, she reached for it, allowing him to help her up as she wiped at her tear stained cheek with the back of her free hand.

"I'm sorry... I just can't feel her anywhere. Or Chewie." Rey whispered brokenly, shaking her head as she glanced down to Kylo's boots while she stood in front of him. With a quick idea, her eyes shot up to his, though he already knew what she was going to ask. "Do you think you'd be-"

"I tried. Nothing." he muttered, his thumb mindlessly caressing the back of her hand before cupping her cheek, taking note that she turned into his palm slightly, a peaceful calm washing over her slowly.

"Thank you... thank you for trying." she said, nodding once as she turned her face up to meet his eyes.

She saw a flash of concern cross his eyes before he blinked, returning back to his blank, studying gaze.

"You shouldn't worry too much. She's with the wookie, and Hux won't strike again until the Resistance makes a move, or shows him their cards." Kylo said, his tone was low, low but certain.

Rey looked at him doubtfully.

"How do you know? How are you so sure? We didn't think he'd attack now, and he did."

Kylo was already shaking his head as he looked down at her, and her up at him.

"It's a strategic game to him. I know his way of thinking, I've trained with him, I've lived with him. He's disciplined, but naïve. We have time, and your friends escaped..." Kylo did his best to assure Rey.