Chapter 11.

Kylo stared at Rey, waiting for her to say something, waiting for her to move. She simply returned his gaze, the anxiety leaving her eyes as she fell into a comfortable silence.

Glancing to the floor when she realized she was staring for a bit too long, she sighed. "I have so many questions. I have no idea where to start." She said, and when her eyes met his again, they seemed lost.

'Whatever was on her mind was truly haunting her.', he thought. "Go on." He ordered.

Clearing her throat, Rey began. "You know I was there the night you had that awful nightmare." She declared, slightly wincing at the memory.

Kylo blinked, his jaw tight. "That's not a question."

Nodding, she took that as a confirmation. "You felt it then, when I transferred the light, if that's what we shall call it..."

Rey stood now, clasping her hands together, she began to pace her room. Kylo watched as she tried to slow her thoughts, taking care to watch what she was going to say.

"Can you do that?" she asked, and then quickly turned to him, one slim finger raised. "No! I take that back. Is that something any Jedi or force-user can do?"

She stood only a foot away from him now, watching his reaction, waiting for his response.

It took him only a second to reply, his eyes on hers. The intensity of his gaze made her face warm.

"I would assume it's something any force-user would be able to learn, if said user had enough practice and skill."

Now, gearing up with his question, he stood, looking anywhere but at Rey. She could feel the atmosphere change, knowing that whatever he was thinking about was making his emotions shift to something dark.

"Is that something Skywalkertaught you?" he asked, venom dripping as he muttered his uncles name.

Rey felt a jolt of protectiveness burst from within her, but she took care to not let it show, not wanting to disturb the moment they were sharing, now that she had Ben here, willing to answer some questions.

"No. I don't know what it was, I just felt a push to lay my hand on your arm, and I felt..." She quieted for a moment, trying to think of how to explain it. "I felt...like something was telling me to do it, and all of a sudden, there was just so much power, so much warmth. I didn't realize what was happening until I felt your thoughts change. And then...." She glanced down again, her hands gripping one another.

"And then?" he asked, trying to process what she was saying.

"Then I felt a thrill. It felt like I could escape any battle unscathed, like I could fall from the highest cloud and simply walk away from it-"

"You felt invincible? Untouchable?" Kylo finished. He knew the feeling she described all too well.

The thrill of the dark side, the taste of the power.

Rey nodded, feeling ashamed. For a moment, she thought back to her reflection in the mirror and how she thought she saw a yellow glint in her eyes. She shook the memory away, looking up to him to gauge his reaction.

"You channeled the dark side of the force. It showed itself to you, and you took the bait." He said. Part of Kylo was swirling with excitement at the thought of her finally joining him, how well they fit together, and the things they could do for the galaxy... to the galaxy.

His mind quickly shuffled to the vision he had of the small, young girl that was completely consumed by the dark.

He promised himself not to let that become of Rey, not to let it get that far. Yet, for the briefest second, Kylo questioned if he was capable of that.