Chapter Five

I've been hiding. Tobias knows it too, he'd caught my eye from across the room and had smiled knowingly with a glint in his hazel orbs. I'd ran away again.

Tonight was the pack meet though and I couldn't run away. My day was busy, washing clothes that wolves requested and cleaning dishes while others prepared food. Summer was slowly creeping up on us and the days have been warmer, the nights still had a bit of a chill but it goes unnoticed by wolves with their higher body temperatures. I on the other hand felt it and donned my too large hoodie.

The pack will welcome back our future alpha tonight and Tobias will name his future Beta and Enforcer, although most had a clue on who he'd chosen.

Usually I'm not allowed at pack meets because the pups attended but the Alpha had made it clear that he wanted everyone there. I bit my lip nervously as I peaked out of a window to see the back yard crowded with wolves in both forms mingling and playing. The food had been set out buffet style for everyone to enjoy throughout the night and males were hovering around several grills. The Alpha didn't allow hunting unless it was a special occasion, not wanting a decrease in animal population in the area. Those kinds of things were signals for Hunters and the like.

I spotted Oliver standing by himself but he was too busy glaring at that huge male who'd arrived with Tobias. The male was glaring back, his expression just as mean as the smaller omegas. I hoped Oliver didn't get himself into trouble openly challenging a higher ranked wolf like he was. The Alpha pair were talking with the Beta family. I didn't see Tobias, not that I was looking for him. Okay, maybe I was, but only so I'd know what areas to avoid.

Just thinking about what we'd done in the woods brought heat to my face, it also had my jeans growing uncomfortably tight. Using my own hand had never felt like that. It was too good for comfort. If it felt like that, no wonder people were addicted to doing it.

I slipped outside and was prepared to go sit at the empty picnic table I'd spotted through the window. Instead, a hand wrapped around my wrist and jerked me into the shadows on the side of the house. I bumped against a solid, warm chest and instead of pushing away like I should have, I melted against the male. We fit together as if...as if we were really made for each other.

"You going to stop running from me now, Samuel?" He asked against my ear, having to bend his knees. Chills ran down my spine and I sighed in content. I hadn't realized that I had missed the male.

I glanced back to see that we were hidden from the others by bushes. When I turned back around to face Tobias, it was to be assaulted by his lips smashing against my own. If I melted anymore, I'd be a puddle. I wrapped my arms around the male's neck to ground myself and shyly parted my lips, inviting him to kiss me like he did before.

My second kiss was just as good as the first. Maybe not as sloppy and I knew what to do with his tongue that slipped into my mouth this time. But definitely just as good.

Tobias grunted as I experimentally sucked on his tongue before chasing it back into his mouth so I could taste more of him. He'd pressed me back against the house and was grinding our groins together. His mouth over mine was muting my moans and whimpers and I let him dominate the kiss once more. When he went to pull away I caught his bottom lip between my teeth and flicked my tongue over it.

My eyes fluttered open to see his eyes already scanning over my face. I wondered what he could see. Surely he'd heard what the others called me. He had to of known what I was accused of doing. David had been his friend too, why wasn't he angry with me?

"We need to talk, later, I'll find you." I nodded along, accepting another kiss before he pulled away and left me there panting in the shadows.

I arranged myself in my jeans before peaking around the bushes and rushing across the yard. My wrist was gripped again and I spun to Oliver narrowing his eyes at me.

"Is he taking advantage of you?" He growled. I was more surprised that he was talking to me for everyone to see. I blinked stupidly and his hold on my wrist tightened painfully, snapping me out of my daze.

"Wha– What?" I stumbled.

"I smelt him in the woods. Had he caught you there and is using it to keep you quiet?" His lip pulled up in a snarl and I gasped at the slightly taller male.

"No!" I said too loudly, gaining others attention. I glanced around nervously and lowered my voice. "No, it's nothing like that." I bit my bottom lip.

"You're willing?" He looked confused and honestly, so was I. "Why?"

Well besides him being extremely attractive? "He, he says I'm his mate." I whispered.

"He says." Oliver scoffed. "And do you feel the pull?"

"Pull to what?" I wondered.

"The pull to complete the mating and form a bond." Oliver was looking at me like I was an idiot and I looked down, not liking it.

"I don't know. How do you complete a mating?" I risked looking up at the male to catch him rolling his eyes.

"By fucking, what else?"

I squeaked, my face heating at his choice of words. "I...ugh, um, I, maybe?" I played with my fingers and shifted uncomfortably. "I like what we've done." I admitted out loud for the first time.

"Whatever." Oliver rolled his eyes and walked away. I swallowed, unsure by what just happened.

Should I be ashamed of what I was doing? Was Oliver disappointed in me for acting the way I was with Tobias? I gasped. Will he tell anyone? No, he can't, he wouldn't risk me telling on him.

When I finally made it to the picnic table, it was crowded with females so I changed destinations and headed towards the food. Omegas were serving the food to keep everything organized. I waited patiently in line and grabbed a paper plate when it was my turn. I wasn't paying much attention, glancing around the yard. I wasn't use to being around the whole pack all congregated in one place and there was a lot more than I realized.

"Not happening, Pup Killer." A female sneered, skipping me and piling food on the plate of a snickering female behind me. I stared for a minute as wolves moved around me before remembering who exactly I was. I stepped back, prepared to go hide somewhere.

A heavy hand landed on my shoulder and I looked up at the huge male. "Serve him." He growled out. The female omega's eyes grew twice their size and she instantly complied, her hand shaking as she scooped food onto my plate. I was shaking just as much, trying not to drop the full plate.

"Don't let them treat you like that." I was gaping up at him as he collected plastic silverware for me. He disappeared as fast as he appeared and I was left confused and out of my element.
_______________________________

K?