Chapter Six

After Tobias had named his Beta as Garret and his Enforcer as the huge male, Ian. We didn't get to talk after like he'd wanted to. I understood why, everyone wanted to greet the male. Once the main event was over with, I wanted desperately to disappear into my room but I had to help clean up. It took forever for everyone to leave and clear out.

The other Omegas had heard about what that huge male, Ian, had done and seemed to have a silent agreement to make me do all the work. I did it because I wanted to go to bed without trouble.

This morning I'd woken early to shower and dress before the bathrooms became crowded. I collected the three books I'd barrowed from the library and was making my way to the front door when someone reached in front of me and pulled it open. I looked up at Tobias who wore a small smirk. I offered a shy smile before exiting with him following.

"So, where are we going?" He dropped an arm over my shoulders and snatched the books from me. He lifted a brow at the textbook I'd thrown at his face. I couldn't stop the warmth from spreading across my face.

"Um...I was going to the library and a late breakfast." I was prepared to walk like I did every week but Tobias led me towards a black SUV parked among many other cars.

"Late? It's still early." I smiled up at him as he unlocked the doors.

"I like to take my time at the library." He opened the door and I crawled up into the passenger seat.

"I take it we're going to be there for hours." He stood in the open doorway, smiling at me with his straight white teeth and earth toned eyes. I shrugged apologetically, not really meaning it. "Hours with you. Sounds like fun." He pressed a chaste kiss to my lips before shutting the door and making it around to the drivers side.

Getting there was much faster in a car then my usual hour long walk. The pack house was surrounded by woods and far enough from town not to risk exposing ourselves. The ride was spent in a comfortable silence aside from the radio playing soft music.

When Tobias parked, I hopped out the SUV, excited and practically bouncing on my toes. I slowed down enough so Tobias could keep up. Mrs. Robinson, the librarian, greeted me with a friendly smile and I waved. Humans were the only ones that I had friendly interactions with until Tobias arrived. When I was in town I tried to avoid other wolves as much as I could. I couldn't come around enough to make any close friends but there are humans I'm familiar with.

First I check for any new arrivals before taking my time to scan the shelves. Letting Tobias come, not that I really had a choice, turned out to be a good thing when he pulled down any books I wanted from the higher shelves. When his arms were full of books, we found a table in the back and I sat down, reading a few chapters from each book. I made a pile of the ones I held more interest in and sent Tobias away to go put the ones I didn't want back on the shelf. He came back too soon to actually have done it but he seemed more interested in watching me.

Mrs Robinson trusted me enough to allow me to check out as many books as I wanted but I set my own limit or else I'd be hauling off half the books here. I could tell Tobias was starting to grow bored, unable to sit still for very long. He'd disappear and return with a picture book I'm sure he got from the children's section. When he got bored of that, he scooted his chair as close to mine and tried to read over my shoulder. I became distracted when he started playing with my curls and he had to remind me to turn the page after I'd reread a sentence seven times.

I had a feeling he knew what he was doing when his fingers grazed along my neck. The purple bruises from his bites had only just cleared and he grunted disappointedly.

"Wanna make out in the back like in movies?" I squeaked, my eyes widening at his whispered words. His warm breath on my ear made me shiver. My abandoned book fell on the table and the male smiled while gripping my hand and hauling me up with him.