Chapter Thirteen

Flipping the page in my book, a sound that was a mix between a squeal and a scream left my lips. I gripped the book tighter as I tried to read as fast as I could, stumbling over words in my excitement and having to reread a sentence or two.  When things don't go as I planned in my head, I drop the book in my lap and looked up to see Tobias looking at me curiously.

"Yes?" I ask, needing a break from the book before I went insane.

"Is it that interesting?" Tobias asked and my eyes narrowed.

"Ugh, yes." I continue by explaining a choppy version of the story that is more me waving my hands around and squealing while Tobias watches me with amusement.

Training had been cut short when it started to storm, if it was just rain they would have continued but it was thundering and lightning. Tobias had surprised me when he returned to our room soaked and if I wasn't so into the book I was reading, I would have paid more attention to the way his wet shirt clung to his muscular torso.

"Babe, you know I have no idea what you're talking about, right?" Tobias cut off my rambling and I inhaled a much needed breath. I put my bookmark -which was a random receipt- in my book before closing it.

"Well you should read it, actually, you have to read the first three books and then we can talk about them!" I bounced on the bed excitedly.

"Yeah..." he dragged, his eyes leaving mine to return to some papers he had spread out on the coffee table. "I don't think so." I pouted and crawled off the bed, joining him on the couch. I wasn't allowed outside of the Alphas apartment anymore until my heat was over. I still couldn't feel much, aside from the hot flashes and wanting to always be around or in contact with Tobias. Dr. Aster said the first heat can last for a month if not more and I wasn't allowed to try and shift until after. Apparently the pheromones my wolf would put off would be a lot more intense then in this form and Tobias wouldn't be able to control himself like he was now.

"You'd like the books if you actually read them." I huffed, looking over his shoulder at what he'd been looking at for hours now. "What's this?" It looks like numbers but none of it really makes much since to me.

"Just pack finances. Dad wanted me to look over things and I've noticed a large chunk of money has been seemingly disappearing every month." I was on my knees behind Tobias, my hands on his shoulders as he leaned back against me.

"What, like someone's stealing?" Who would steal money from the pack? If anyone needed anything all they had to do was ask. And how? Wolves are loyal to pack, at least we're suppose to be.

"Precisely." He nodded. "Although who, is what I'm trying to figure out. Not many people have access to these accounts."

"That's a good thing, right? Less suspects." I pressed my lips against the side of his neck, scraping my teeth across the smooth skin. Tobias dropped the paper he was holding and dragged me around so I was sitting across his lap.

Teasing pecks on my lips made me groan in annoyance and press my own lips roughly against his. Finally getting the kiss I wanted, I tangle my fingers in his hair and let his tongue explore my mouth.

Seeming to have forgotten his task, Tobias pushes me back on the couch and I spread my legs to allow him room to lay between them. My skin feels extra sensitive and every brush of his hands or nipping bites makes me feel hot and needy. Tobias' lips leave mine and I whine at the lost contact, only for it to turn into a moan when he sucks roughly on my neck. I know he's leaving more of those temporary marks he likes so much.

He continued this until there's a knock on the door making us both groan. Tobias doesn't stop though, at least not until there's another knock. "Fuck off!" He shouts after pulling away. I giggle, running my thumb over his pouting lips. At least this time the door is locked.