Chapter Eleven

Dr. Aster pinched the bridge of his nose and I glanced at Tobias who was already watching me. We'd been here for a hour now and will have to call it quits soon because the doctor has another patient. There has been no progress.

I tried again, tried to push my wolf to the surface to take control but he wouldn't budge. I blinked away tears of frustration and played with my fingers. Maybe I'd broken him. Maybe he didn't trust me anymore.

It's been a week since my last appointment and Dr. Aster thought it was enough time to reconnect with my wolf. He wanted me to get comfortable giving him more control before I tried to shift. Things hadn't gone as planned. My wolf was giving me the silent treatment.

A knock sounded on the door and Mrs. Claire stuck her head in. "Doctor, your twelve o'clock is here."

"I'll be right out Claire." The door clicked shut and Dr. Aster stood. "Samuel, I want you to work more on this alone. You and your wolf both need to be confident in letting each other have control."

I nodded, following the two males out the room. Tobias grabbed my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Wanna share a banana split at the diner?" I snorted.

"Share? Food?" My brows furrowed. He smirked as we walked outside, leaving the SUV to walk again.

"You're so greedy." He grumbled, making me giggle.

"I'll make it up to you." I hugged his arm to me, keeping our fingers intertwined.

"Yeah? How?" He raised a brow and I bit my lip, my face warming.

"I'm sure I can think of something." Tobias wore a wolffish grin. How fitting. I wasn't even implying anything naughty but now I was curious as to what I could do. Maybe I can use my hand, I had thought of that many times over the week. Especially when he gets into bed with only his briefs on and there's barely anything between us. Actually, my wolf thinks of all the things he'd like us to do with our mate and I must say he has a very vivid imagination.

"I'm looking forward to it." Tobias was smiling with a dazed look in his eyes.

We had our own banana splits at the diner, having to force myself to ignore Tobias or risk my ice cream melting. It was really inappropriate how he was eating and he knew it. He'd glance across at me and smirk before licking whipped cream off his finger. I was hesitant to get up with how I was pressing uncomfortably against my zipper. Tobias looked to be just as affected, if the bulge in his jeans was anything to go by.

Back at the pack house, instead of going inside he pulled me along into the woods.

"Toby!" I gasped, turning away as he started to strip. He chuckled and moved behind me. I could feel his heat against my back and shivered at his closeness without any contact.

"We'll get to that later, baby." His blunt teeth grazed over my neck and I whimpered. His heat disappeared and I listened to the snaps and pops, the sounds of him shifting. It was only seconds before a huge dark wolf was in front of me. I felt my own wolf perk up at the sight of him. I was amazed by how big he was, his head reached my collarbone.

I ran my hand across his snout and then up to his ears, scratching behind. He leaned his big head into the touch and licked up the side of my face. I giggled and kissed his cold nose. I didn't think he'd be so big, I've never seen a wolf so big actually. Tobias chirped, wagging his fluffy tail. His fur looked black but when the sun hit it through the leaves, there was red tints making it more brownish.

"You're so pretty." I cooed, hugging the big wolf around the neck. He growled playfully at being called pretty before licking my neck. My own wolf was whining, wanting out to play.

I breathed in his scent, much more muskier in this form but still sweet like raspberries and honey.

Tobias pulled away, trotting around me with his head held high, showing off. I smiled before shutting my eyes. I tried again to pull my wolf to the surface without initiating a shift.

"Mate." Tobias paused in his prancing and barked, his tongue hanging out as his tail wagged happily. I moved towards him, rubbing my head against his muzzle in greeting. I want to run with him. Play with him. Mark him. I whine, the sound not sounding right in this form. I can feel Samuel watching, growing anxious from giving me control. I rub against my mate once more, knowing I can't be with him in my own form for now. Soon, soon we will be together.

My eyes grow wide as I pull away from Tobias. His eyes seem to be glowing a bright hazel. He whines and the glow dulls until his eyes are their usual earth tones. I watched as his fur recedes and the wolf shifts back to the male, a very naked male.

I admit, I took my chance and glanced down. My head jerked back up to see Tobias smirking smugly. Oh gods. That, is that, is that even natural? Normal?! My eyes slowly fall back down to his growing manhood that just seems to get bigger. I snap my mouth shut, my face burning.

"See something you like, Sam?"

I spin around, covering my face with my hands. As if that could make me unsee it.

"As if we want to unsee it. Look again!"

I shake my head at my wolf. Embarrassed for staring at him so openly. That was inappropriate, especially with the images my dirty wolf was giving me. He's not a object, he's a male and I should consider his feelings.

"Trust me, he wouldn't mind one bit."

"Okay, I'm dressed now." I peaked between my fingers to see if he was being honest. He stood there fully dressed again with a smirk. I dropped my hands looking up at him from under my lashes. "No point in being shy, it's all yours baby." I swallowed, my heart speeding up. My wolf was grinning, pleased with himself.

"O– oh." I squeaked, not really knowing what to say to that.

"I thought shifting would help your wolf make an appearance." Tobias thankfully changed the subject and sounded real smug with himself. He dug into his pocket and pulled out the small hoop earring with the dangling cross.

"Are you religious?" I asked, curious because most wolves who are worship the moon goddess.

"No, it just pisses off vampires and them assholes irk me."

"You met a vampire?!" I gasped. I'd only ever heard of the children of Night.

"Yeah, cocky bastards." He grumbled. I giggled.

"Have you met yourself? Perhaps you're just too much alike." His mouth popped open in shock and then his eyes narrowed. I squealed and took off, hopefully going the right way to the pack house.

I'd just broke the tree line when Tobias scooped me up, carrying me over his shoulder. I couldn't get any words out through my laughter, so I held onto the back of his shirt tightly.

Tobias laid me down on the ground, sitting beside me. My laughing subsided and I looked around, noticing I had been going the wrong way and had run out into a meadow. I pouted, realizing how bad I actually am with directions.

"Do you think there's like...snakes?" I asked, eyeing the tall grass and wildflowers.

"Probably." Tobias shrugged, obviously not caring if some boneless thing slithered near us. He looked over at me before he laughed. "Don't tell me you're afraid of snakes." He said between laughter. I cut my eyes at him.

"Well...I mean, they're like, you know and they...you know." I stumbled out, looking all around me.

"No, actually, I don't know." He laughed harder and I huffed.

Tobias leaned down and pressed his lips against my temple. "I won't let a snake get you, calm down." I tried, sitting stiffly and trying not to be too obvious about looking around. Tobias pulled me against him and laid back, bringing me down with him. I rested my head on his chest and all was silent for a while.

"Toby,"

"Yeah?" His fingers played with my curls and I leaned further against him, tangling our legs.

"You know this is totally cliche, right?"

He chuckled. "Totally."
_______________________________