Chapter Ten

"Sam, calm down its just my parents, my sister and her family." I nodded along, climbing the stairs and trying not to have a panic attack. Maybe I wouldn't have been so scared if these weren't wolves who all blamed me for killing my childhood best friend. Wolves who are the most powerful in the pack. At least the Beta family wasn't going to be there. I made sure to avoid the Beta at all costs.

Tobias pulled me to a stop, standing a few steps lower but I still had to look up at him. He pressed a soft kiss to my lips and I sighed, finally calming since he told me earlier today that I'd be having dinner with his family.

"Don't worry about my mom, this was her idea anyways." He smirked, rubbing his thumb over the temporary marks on my neck. "I think she was just shocked this morning."

"Okay." I whispered, tilting my head back for another kiss that he delivered. I really do like his kisses.

Tobias held my hand again and led us the rest of the way to the Alpha apartment. We followed the sound of voices into the den where everyone grew silent once we entered. I unconsciously gripped Tobias' hand tighter, uncomfortable with all of their attention on me. My wolf whined and I thought it was just from being around higher ranked wolves.

"Samuel, my son has been talking my head off about you." I looked up at the smiling Alpha with wide eyes, my face burning. "Come on and get comfortable, dinner will be ready in a bit."

Tobias smirked in a 'told you so' way and pulled me down beside him on a couch. "You remember my sister, Dehlia," Tobias pointed to the older female who smiled sweetly at me. She was the Alpha's daughter with another female, that's why she wasn't the Heir. "This little dude is my nephew, Quinn," the small pup hid behind his ginger hair and smiled shyly. I couldn't tell how old he was. "You know the Enforcer, my sisters husband, Heath." The huge male had his bulging arms crossed and was the only one openly glaring at me. My wolf had his tail tucked but I offered them all a small smile.

"I was so happy when Tobias told me he found his true mate, the Goddess is watching over our pack." The Alpha seemed to be bubbling with joy. It wasn't what I expected but now I know where Tobias gets most of his personality. "The last time I was this excited, was when Quinn won his science fair project!" The pup's naturally tan face tinted pink as he ducked his head.

"Dad, that was two weeks ago." Tobias chuckled. "But that robot was awesome, your mom sent me the video."

"Mom helped with most of it." The pup finally looked up and smiled at his mom, who smiled back and patted his hand.

"He should spend as much time training as he does playing with those toys." I flenched at the male's rough voice.

The room became silent and I watched sadly as the pup lowered his head again.

"Oh! Tobias, I hope you don't mind that I invited Vivian." The Luna breezed into the room with a blonde female following behind. Everyone turned towards them but I was glancing up at the huge redhead male who threw a glare at his mate.

"Dammit, Angela, I thought you said this was a family thing." The Alpha spoke from his chair, looking annoyed. I didn't know what was going on. Tobias' jaw was clenched so I grabbed his hand, thinking he was just upset that his mom invited a friend.

"With luck, maybe she will be." The Luna smirked. "Dinners ready, Viv was such a doll and helped."

The Alpha grumbled under his breath but got up and led the way to the dining room. Dinner started off quietly. At least the steak and stuffed potato was good and kept me busy. The Alpha started talking to Tobias and Heath about the warriors and some new training Tobias had them doing. The Luna chatted with the female, Vivian and I had yet to hear Dehlia say a word. I eventually asked Quinn about his robot. He was hesitant at first and kept glancing at his dad but he told me about how he built it to hand out papers for the teachers and him and his mom worked on it for weeks.

He seemed to open up some after that and told me about all kinds of things he had made. I didn't understand most of the technological things he mentioned but I was impressed and I was just excited to be talking to a pup. My wolf was cooing in my head and I had to threaten to block him for him to shut up.

"Tobias, did you know Viv's mother is the daughter of an alpha?" The Luna sat down her wine, smiling at her son. "A strong bloodline."

"That's nice, mom." She didn't seem pleased by his response, so she turned towards me and my eyes widened slightly.

"What of your bloodline? Simon, was it?" My face was burning and I shifted in my seat.

"Um, I'm not sure, Luna." She turned her ear towards me, as if she couldn't hear me. My wolf scoffed.

"The nerve of this bitch."

I almost choked on my own spit. I thought about scolding him for disrespecting a Luna but it wasn't like anyone heard him. Plus, I kinda agreed.

"Shame." She sipped her wine. "The females in Vivian's family are very fertile, aren't you an only child, Simon?"

I jumped as Tobias tossed down his silverware and stood abruptly. "Come on, Sam, there's no point in sitting here if she's just going to disrespect you." He held his hand out for mine and I gave him my shaking hand.

"Now, Tobias, you're overreacting. Sit down and finish your food."

Tobias scoffed at his mother's words and pulled me from my seat. "Samuel is my mate, my true mate. When dad steps down, he will be Alpha Consort and a better one then you've ever been." He spit. I gaped, looking between the male and his family. I was more surprised then anything to see the Alpha smirking behind his drink.

"You dare speak to me like this!" I ducked behind Tobias as the Luna stood, fuming. I thought she was scary this morning. That was nothing compared to the fire in her eyes now. "I brought you into this world Tobias Due, Don't make me take you out of it."

I grabbed Quinn, saving the poor pup who was stuck in the middle of them. Dehlia was beside her son in a instant, pulling him behind her.

The rest of the table occupants were up at the sound of the Alpha's growl. This was more of what I expected when meeting the Alpha family, only I imagined I'd be their target. Luckily I wasn't.

I found it odd that the Enforcer was gravitating towards the Luna's side. Shouldn't he be beside the Alpha? And every time I glanced at the redhead male, my wolf would growl and whine.

"I think it's time to wrap things up here. Samuel, I look forward to seeing you around regularly now, you're family." I swallowed as the Alpha smiled at me before walking to his grandson and daughter, leading them out the room. Tobias was still staring down his mom but I tugged on his arm and he looked down at me.

I tried to ignore the Luna's glare.

Once Tobias shut his bedroom door, he had me off my feet and was carrying me towards the bed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think she'd act like that." I kissed his cheek, not liking the sad look in his eyes.

"Nothing to apologize about." I reassured, smiling softly. "I think your dad likes me." I giggled, still not believing how nice he'd been. I had imagined him as...well, to be more like his Luna.

"He does." He smirked. "Enough about my parents," He dropped me on the bed and I bounced, smiling up at him. "Have you decided? Will you move up here with me?"

I bit my lip, pretending to think hard about it. "Only on one condition."

"Anything."

"Start locking the door, I don't want anyone else walking in on us."

Tobias ran to the door and flipped the lock.
_______________________________