Prompt #22

Prompt: I would actually like to see Sonnet fall in love. Or something along those lines.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Sonnet has been spending a lot of time with this Levi kid,” Ethan said.

                “A lot of time?” Will asked suspiciously.

                Ethan rolled his eyes, kissing Will. “Yes, William. Her boyfriend,” Ethan said.

                “She doesn’t bring him over much. She usually goes to his house,” Will said, trying to act like he didn’t care.

                “Maybe they’re doing horribly dirty things,” Ethan said.

                “Ethan,” Will growled. “That’s not funny.”

                “You’re right, it’s not funny. It’s reality,” Ethan said with a grin.

                “Why? Did she say they were doing things?” Will demanded.

                “You’re a good big brother,” Ethan said, patting Will’s head and laughing.

                “Ethan, you didn’t answer my question!” Will said, but Ethan just continued to laugh and ignore him.

                                                                                                ***

                Sonnet opened her eyes. Her head was resting on Levi’s lap, and he was playing with her hair.

                “Are you awake?” he asked.

                “Obviously,” she said, sitting up and stretching. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to pass out like that.”

                “It’s fine.” He leaned over and kissed her.

                She looked at him, her heart beating a little faster. She had watched her brother and best friends all fall in love, and now she had a feeling it was her turn.

                She had been dating Levi for several months. They had gotten together not long after Will and Ethan had gotten back together.

                She loved being with him, and he always brought a smile to her face. Plus, he wasn’t oblivious like her idiot friends, moody like her idiot brother, or overly sarcastic like idiotic Ethan.

                “You’re staring at me,” Levi said curiously.

                “I hope you know it’s taking everything in me not to quote The Fault In Our Stars,” Sonnet said.

                “But I am beautiful,” Levi said.

                “You keep telling yourself that,” she said, leaning against him. He put an arm around her waist and kissed her.

                She searched his eyes and mentally sighed. Yep, it was happening to her too.

                “What? You’re staring at me and you look like someone just killed your puppy,” he said.

                “I don’t have a puppy, but if someone wants to kill my brother that’d be great,” she said.

                “Your brother is terrifying,” Levi said with a shudder.

                “Only if he finds out just how close we are,” Sonnet said, kissing his cheek. “Anyways…” She hesitated. How did you tell someone you were in love with them?

                Well, she supposed you just out and said it.

                “I love you, Levi,” she said, looking into his eyes again.

                He was shocked for a second before a small smile came to his face. “I’ve been in love with you for a while, Sonnet. I didn’t want to say it because I was afraid you’d feel pressured to say it back. Wow. Sonnet Duvet is in love with me.” He shook his head in disbelief. “I am a lucky man. A whipped man, but a lucky man.”

                “Shut up,” she said, laughing and playfully punching him.

                He pulled her close, smiling widely. “I love you Sonnet. I really do,” he said and kissed her deeply.

                “I love you too. I promise I’ll protect you from my brother,” she said, returning the smile and resting her head on his shoulder. He put his arms around her, holding her close.

                “I appreciate that,” he said, laughing, his body vibrating with it. Sonnet smiled wider, because she loved the sound of his laugh and she loved him and she closed her eyes, enjoying his presence, honestly happy to just be with him.