Prompt #31

Prompt: Can you write when Will realized he had a crush on Ethan...

A.N.- This is Will's POV through some of the first chapter of Changing Will :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I tossed a baseball up and caught it as it came back down, feeling bored out of my mind. I knew my sister had her friends over, which meant Benji was here.

                There was a knock on my bedroom door as I caught my baseball. I glanced over before returning my attention to the baseball in my hands.

                “Come in. Unless you’re Sonnet,” I said.

                The door opened and a cute, shirtless kid stepped in. I recognized him as Sonnet’s newest friend, but couldn’t quite remember his name. I raised an eyebrow at him, fighting off a blush.

                “Aren’t you another one of Sonnet’s gay friends? Why are you in my room without a shirt?” I asked. Shit, he was so cute.

                Stop it, William! You’re not gay! You can’t be gay! You don’t care if he’s topless!

                “Because Benji is an idiot,” the kid said, snapping me out of my thoughts. “And Sonnet told me to come down here and borrow one of your shirts.”

                “Ah Benji,” I said, the image of the attractive boy popping into my mind. I pointed at my drawer. “My T-shirts are in there. Just take any one of them.”

                “Thanks.” He went over to my drawer and pulled it open. He was scrawny, but he was so damn cute. “So you don’t seem surprised. Do attractive young men constantly come in your room looking for shirts?”

                I wish.

                “Benji basically lives here half the time, and he always borrows my clothes,” I said with a shrug, trying to force away the thoughts of how many times he had come down here in nothing but his boxers, sleepily asking to borrow my clothes.

                He searched around my drawer and pulled out one of my smaller shirts. He straightened up and eyed me with a curious look. His eyes raked over my lazy appearance, taking it in.

                I pushed my tangled hair out of my eyes. “Why are you staring at me?”

                “Because you could be attractive if you tried,” he said.

                That made my heart stutter a little. I snickered, caught off guard by that. “That was a compliment and an insult. You’re straightforward, huh?”

                “Typically, year. Did you even bother to brush your hair today?” he asked.

                I shrugged, not wanting to admit that I  had lost all motivation to care. “There was no point. I wasn’t planning on leaving my house all day. I also wasn’t planning on my little sister’s friends barging into my room.”

                “I knocked. And you gave me permission to enter unless I was Sonnet. Last time I checked, I’m not Sonnet,” he said.

                “And hallelujah to that,” I said, surprised that I suddenly had the urge to smile. This kid was sassy.

                “KIDS! DINNER!”