chapter four

i was sitting at my desk after basically bailing on jun.

what was i thinking? going out with him? what if everyone saw us? oh shit! hara saw us in jun's office.

my head was hurting a little so i quickly finished up whatever was left to do. after doing so, i rummaged through my bag to find my phone and called donghun.

"hello?"

"donghun, can you pick me up at work? i'm a little dizzy."

"sure. do you want me to take you to the clinic?"

"no. i just need some rest on my bed." i replied while massaging my head a little.

"okay. i'll be there in a minute."

"thanks, donghun. call me once you're here."

"sure."

i ended the call and layed my head on the table as i waited for donghun to arrive. there was absolute pain at the right side of my head.

"bitch!" said someone with a woman's voice into my right ear.

shocked, i immediately sat up to see who it was. i didn't know who she was but her nametag said goo suyeon.

"hey, bitch. i'm talking to you." she said as she pushed my head using the ends of her finger.

i stood up, a little shaken. "yes. do you need any help with anything?" i asked politely.

the woman looked so angry. she had her hands on her waist. "stop acting so polite, bitch." she said as she rolled her eyes at me. "you just got here and now you're flirting with mr. park? what kind of a bitch are you?"

i looked down. "miss, i don't know what you're talking about."

"ah! don't act innocent! i saw you going out to lunch with him, holding hands." she said, rising her voice at me. "secretary song saw you two making out in his office!" she exclaimed which gained almost everyone's attention.

i started to shiver and cry as everyone was focusing at me. "i'm sure it was just a misunderstanding."

"misunderstanding?!" she said before getting her hand ready to slap me. "you're really getting on my n-"

"goo suyeon!!" screamed jun from afar. he walked towards us with angry steps.

goo suyeon looked anxious. she hid her hand behind her back and tried to look as calm as possible.

"who the fuck are you to slap my employee?!" jun exclaimed.

goo suyeon looked at me with shaking eyes and replied to jun. "it w-was a misunderstanding. she tried to hit me first."

"bullshit! i saw everything!" said jun, trying his best to not hit the woman in front of him.

"sorry, mr. p-"

"no. get the fuck outta here! you're fired!" he screamed.

everyone gasped. i still had my head hung low, shaking and crying quietly.

goo suyeon was crying her heart out. "i'm very sorry, mr. park. please don't fire me."

"go away before i lose patience." said jun, looking away from suyeon to reduce the anger building up in him.

suyeon walked away, running in embarassment while crying.

"now everybody get back to work. unless you want to end up just like her." he said to everyone else in the room while pointing to suyeon.

everyone got back to their desks and continued working. jun turned to me and sighed while pulling his hair aback.

"come to my office right now." he said.

i didn't want to be stubborn so i followed him into his office. jun took his coat off and sat down on his chair. i only stood in front of his table.

"gosh, eui. you can't even take care of yourself, is it?" he said with an annoyed tone.

"sorry." i said with my eyes wandering around, trying my best to avoid eye contact.

he sighed aloud. "i can't believe i had to fire someone just because of you."

suddenly, my phone rang. i looked at jun, asking him for permission to answer the call. he nodded.

"i'm here at the parking lot." said donghun.

"o-okay."

i ended the call immediately and looked at jun again.

"who was it?" he asked.

"my brother." i answered.

"why did he call?" he asked, curious.

"he's at the parking lot to pick me up."

jun nodded. "go." he said as he swayed his hand obnoxiously, signalling me to leave the room.

i obeyed and bowed before leaving.

i got to my desk and packed my stuff before leaving. after finishing, i quickly got to the parking lot to search for donghun's car.

i found donghun waving at me. i immediately ran towards him and gave him a tight hug.

"thanks for picking me up, donghun. you're the best!" i said.

"someone looks okay. did you lie to me?" he asked in suspicion.

i shook my head. "why would i lie to you? we're related by blood."

"blood, my foot. anyone can lie to anyone." he said before opening the car door for me.

i entered before he closed the door and he entered his side of the car after me. donghun started the car and drove us home. i was probably too tired that i fell asleep on the way.