chapter ten

"i think i fell in love with you."

i let out a small laugh. "what do you mean?"

he chuckled and scratched the back of his neck. "isn't it obvious? i got angry when you spoke to that pink-haired guy because i was so jealous. and i acted mean to you because i love the way you get mad. i thought it was rather cute."

we stayed quiet for a while. i didn't know what to say. i was unsure about my feelings for him.

"so i guess i'll start my hunger strike tomorrow. i want to fill my stomach full with you today." he said with a smile.

the waitress came just in time. jun ordered our food immediately. after waiting for a little while, the waitress came back with our food.

i was still quiet. while jun was savouring his food, i just stared at him blankly. he slowly looked up at me with a suspicious face.

jun put his chopsticks next to his bowl. "is everything okay? why aren't you eating?"

i took a deep breath. "i don't think i can accept that."

jun swallowed what was left in his mouth and looked at me with an awkward face. "what?"

"mr. park, i'm your employee. a boss can't fall in love with his worker. plus, i'm your secretary. i can't let this go on." i said, expressionless.

i got up and walked away when jun grabbed my wrist hurriedly. i freed myself from him and ran out of the restaurant to get away from him. jun kept on chasing after me nonetheless.

"eui, wait!" he shouted but i ignored.

"lee eui!" he called.

i stopped in the middle of the walkway because i had nowhere to go. jun pulled me and turned me around to face him.

"why are you doing this to me, eui?" he said with tears flowing down his cheeks.

tears? park junhee?

i was speechless.

"it was hard for me to tell you this, eui. it took me a long time to decide. and this is what i get? what did i do wrong?!" he started to raise his voice.

i pulled my hand away and slapped him hard. "jun, i quit! i don't want to be your secretary anymore! i don't even want to see your face anymore!"

i ran away as fast as i can. jun was nowhere to be seen nor heard anymore. the last thing i heard was a loud honk and everything went black.

○○○

"kirsten kim! kirsten kim! wake up!" i heard a familiar voice call me.

i'm kirsten lee, stupid.

i opened my eyes to see jason staring right at me. his large eyes shocked me.

he sighed in relief. "kirsten, you're finally awake! thank god."

i sat up even though my head felt a little heavy. i felt something wrapped around my head and found out it was a bandage after touching it. the room smelt like a hospital.

"jason, where am i? what happened?" i asked as my hands kept on touching my bandaged head.

"you got hit again, kirsten. you fractured some of your bones and fainted because of shock. the doctor said you had a little risk of amnesia since your brain was shook during the impact but I guess your brain is okay now that you remember my name and yours." he explained.

"where is donghun? where's my brother?" i started to look around impatiently.

jason hugged me to calm me down. "it's okay. donghun will be here tonight. i'm gonna stay here with you in the meantime."

i looked around the bed. "where's my phone, jason?"

jason got up and rummaged through the small cupboard beside the bed. he took my phone out of a small blue bag.

"it's a little cracked but i think it still works. here." jason said as he handed the phone to me.

i tried to turn it on but my phone only responded with a moment of vibration, signalling that it was out of battery.

"jason, do you have a charger?" i asked in a hurry.

he pointed to the wall behind me. there was a socket and a charger on it. i turned around and grabbed the charger. then i immediately  plugged my phone in.

after my phone turned on, i quickly checked for new messages.

5 new messages from donghuney

donghuney:
eui?

donghuney:
eui baby im sorry im going to europe for a meeting

donghuney:
my pa is a piece of shit she told me last minute ugh

donghuney:
but i swear it wont be long

donghuney:
i left some money on the countertop just in case you need it

you:
donghun

donghuney:
eui ure awake?

donghuney:
is jason with u? I told him to take care of u while im omw

donghuney:
hold on eui im almost there

you:
u lied

you:
u told me u would never leave me

donghuney:
im sorry eui ill make it up to you

donghuney:
i swear im almost there baby

donghuney:
i hope ure not mad at me

you:
im not

donghuney:
im sorry

you:
its okay

donghuney:
u sure?

you:
yeah i was just a little confused

donghuney:
ok baby ill see you in a bit

i shut my phone and placed it next to my pillow. i slowly lay my head on the pillow just to be careful not to hurt my head even more.

"you okay, kirsten?" jason asked worriedly.

i stared into his eyes and sighed again. "i guess i am."