chapter five

i woke up to the sound of my loud alarm. just as i was about to sit up and stretch my whole body, i noticed that it was saturday. the alarm was not supposed to ring because it was my day-off.

i reached out to shut the alarm clock by pressing the button on top of it. but why was it so furry?

i opened my eyes fully to see donghun's face right next to me. he was also making weird noises that sounded like my alarm clock. there was no alarm that morning. it was just lee donghun.

as a result of my reflexes, a slap travelled across donghun's face.

"ow! what was that for?" said donghun, rubbing his cheek which was almost as red as his hair.

i sat up for real this time and pushed him away. "you shocked me, for goodness' sake!"

i stretched my body and rubbed my eyes as donghun took a seat beside me on my bed.

"why did you wake me up so early in the morning?" i whined.

donghun smiled. "i wanna take you out on a date."

i squared my shoulders, showing interest, "date? me and you?"

donghun nodded adorably. "just the two of us. no one else. no disturbance."

"where?" i asked.

he smiled from ear to ear. "let's go to myeongdong fashion street."

"myeongdong fashion street? for real?! gosh, i've never been there in forever." i danced happily.

donghun held my hand. "and i'll pay for everything."

a huge smile was formed on my face. "i know i've told you this. but you're the best brother ever."

○○○

donghun and i arrived to myeongdong fashion street and already started to go shopping for clothes. there were so many people there so i decided to hold onto donghun's hand just so that i don't get lost in the ocean of people.

i finally chose some clothes at one of the stores and was ready to check out at the counter with donghun. donghun held out his credit card and i smiled widely at him before giving him a peck on the cheek.

"aww. what a lovely couple." said the friendly looking lady who was the cashier.

donghun and i looked at each other before both of us giggled. "she's my sister." he said.

"oops, i'm sorry. you don't really look alike." the lady chuckled, hiding her embarassment.

"well i think she stayed in canada for too long." donghun joked.

the lady finished and i payed using donghun's credit card. "thanks for buying here. hope you come again."

donghun pulled me out of the store. "NOW LET'S GO EAT!!"

i slammed my palm onto his mouth. "shut up, donghun. you're embarassing me."

"whatever. there's a restaurant right there." said donghun while pointing at a white-themed restaurant.

"okay, then. let's go eat." i said as i followed donghun's steps towards the restaurant.

donghun and i sat down and ordered our food. just then, a notification popped up on my phone. i took it out from my pocket to find a message from an unknown number.

unknown:
where are u?

you:
im sorry i think uve got the wrong number

unknown:
nah i dont think so

unknown:
isnt this lee eui?

you:
who is this?

unknown:
its ur boss

i put my phone back into my pocket. why would he want to know where i am right now?

our food arrived and we could finally enjoy it. donghun started to eat his food first. my phone kept on vibrating because of message notifications so i decided to check it beforehand.

unknown:
its rude to ignore someone like that eui

unknown:
u better answer me right now

unknown:
eui where are you???

you:
why do you need to know?

i put my phone away with a frustrated look on my face. i guess donghun noticed.

"what's wrong?" donghun asked.

i turned my frown upside down. "nothing. let's just continue eating, shall we?" i said as i picked my fork and knife up.

donghun put his down. "come on, eui. tell me."

"nothing! really." i insisted.

"fine. you made me." he said before taking my phone that was on the table.

i sighed while donghun read the previous messages. he, too, sighed right after.

"why won't you just answer him, eui? he just wants to know where you are." he said.

i whipped my phone from his hands and put it back into my pocket. "because i hate him."

donghun pouted. "i chose him for you since you're both single. i thought you would like him since he's rich and handsome. well, i guess i was wrong." he sighed, a bit dissapointed.

i rubbed his hand that was on the table, gently. "but i already have someone, donghun."

donghun gasped aloud. "you didn't tell me earlier! now what am i supposed to tell jun?!"

"i have you!" i grinned.

donghun sighed in relief with his hand on his chest. "you shocked me there, eui."