chapter seven

jun parked the car. "we're here." he said.

i looked around and got ready to exit the car. "thanks for driving me home, boss."

jun replied with a huge smile on his face. he looked even cuter with those round glasses on.

cute!

no, eui. what the fuck is wrong with you?

i got out of the car followed by jun. we both made our way in front of the house entrance.

"eui!" donghun shouted from inside.

i turned to him and waved. donghun waved back but looked at jun weirdly.

"jun drove you here? what about the driver?" he asked.

"don't worry about it. i asked him to go back home." i answered.

donghun nodded. "let's go in then. do you wanna join us, jun?"

jun shook his head. "eui told me it was a private matter. i obviously can't join you, donghun."

donghun showed an adorable confused face. "private matter? eui just needs to talk to someone. we can hang at the back."

i looked at both of the men in front of me. "jun must be tired. he should go back to his office, shouldn't he?" i said as i nudged jun's ribs.

"it's okay, lee. I can hang with your brother at the back." said jun.

"now let's get in. jason is waiting." said donghun as he brought us inside.

jason was in the main hall, sitting on one of the couches. jun and donghun made their way to the backyard.

"jason?" i called as i walked to him and sat on the couch in front of him.

jason gave me a smile before patting on the seat next to him, signalling me to move to sit beside him and I obeyed.

"you wanted to talk?" i asked a bit nervously.

he gulped. "kirsten, i miss you."

i shook my head and shrugged. "what are you saying, jason?"

"i came to study here. but I couldn't stop thinking about you. i miss the old times, kirsten. i miss you. i miss us. i want you back." he said, holding both of my hands.

"but jason, i don't even remember why we broke up. i moved on from you completely. i'm sorry but i don't love you anymore." i said slowly, trying to be less offensive.

jason sighed. "oh, i forgot. of course you wouldn't remember. you were involved in a horrible accident."

my brows were almost united as i was confused. "accident? what accident, jason?"

jason's eyes widen and he looked as regretful as ever. "you don't even remember that? you were involved in a hit and run case, kirsten. while you were in canada."

"what? was that the reason why i got back here?" i asked in shock.

"kirsten, you were in a coma and you didn't remember anything. you don't even remember about the accident. i'm sorry. it was all my fault." he sighed.

i shook my head. "i'm sure it wasn't your fault, jason." i said as i tighten my hold on his hand. "you know what? i can't just get back with you because, as i told you, i don't have any sort of feelings for you anymore. but we can be friends."

jason then nodded like a little puppy. we exchanged numbers and i followed jason out of the house. he said goodbye to me and left right after.

suddenly, i felt a hand grabbing my wrist and turning my body around. jun was right in front of me with our faces inches apart from each other. his eyes looked furious.

"who was that?!" he asked in an angry tone.

i winced in pain because of the tight grip he had on my wrist. "he's my friend." i said as i tried to free myself from him. "what is wrong with you?"

"bullshit, eui! that doesn't look like friendship!" he exclaimed with his veins bulging out. and that did a good job in scaring me.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?! let me go!" i grunted.

jun refused to let me go. he still had the furious look in his eyes. just then, donghun came running towards us.

"jun!" he screamed.

jun stopped what he was doing and turned around to face donghun with an awkward face. he finally let me go.

"get the fuck outta my house before i call security." said donghun, angry.

jun stayed quiet and slowly got out of the house. he gave donghun a death glare before leaving the perimeter of our house.

i was shivering while rubbing my bruised wrist. i looked at donghun with shaky eyes. "d-donghun, he's your best friend!"

he shook his head. "if he's my best friend, he would never hurt you." said donghun before noticing me rubbing my wrist.

"are you okay?" he asked, pointing towards my left wrist.

i stopped what ever i was doing and gave him a fake smile. "i'm okay. i just- i just need some me time." i said before leaving him. i went to my room and locked myself in.