chapter six

i enjoyed the weekend with donghun and now i have to go back to work. eventhough my quality time with my only brother and family was disturbed by my boss, i managed to enjoy it to the fullest.

today felt a bit weird. hara was no where to be seen. we usually greet each other in the morning and then go our separate ways but i guess she was absent due to personal reasons.

just as i was about to take a seat on my chair, my phone rang. it was a call from an unknown number. i picked it up in confusion.

"who-"

"eui, it's jun. come to my office now."

"why me th-" i didn't get to finish my sentence as he ended the call right after.

with lazy steps, i made my way to jun's office. i knocked a few times and let myself in without even waiting for permission.

"yes, mr. park?" i closed the door and stood in front of his table.

as soon as he saw me, he cupped his face onto his fists and looked at me with a huge smile.

cute!

eh shut the fuck up, eui.

"it's jun. now sit down." he ordered and pointed towards the chair in front of his table.

i obeyed and sat on the antique wooden chair. he didn't say a word but only stared at my face for a long time.

"is there anything i can help you with, jun?" i asked in a disgustingly polite manner.

jun immediately changed his expression. "cut it. give me your phone." he said as he held his hand out.

"why would i give an asshole my phone?" i shook my head.

"no asshole is asking for your phone, your boss is." he said as he shook his hand, signalling me to put my phone in it instantly.

i took my phone out of my pocket and put it into his palm. jun did something to my phone and gave it back.

"what did you do?" i asked as i went over my phone.

"i saved my phone number in it. and it's a favourite."

i checked my favourite contacts and found his name which was handsome man park junhee under donghun's number. donghun's number has been the only number in my favourite contacts since forever.

"i know it sounds like a drama but that's the best i can think of. i'll kill you if you change it." he said, jokingly threatening. i'm so gonna block you later.

"so you called me here just to save your number in my phone?" i shrugged.

he shook his head. "not just that, eui. you got promoted."

okay what the f-.

"from today onwards, you are my secretary." he said with a huge smile on his face. "now go move your things, secretary lee. you'll be seated right next to my office.

"what about hara?" i thought aloud.

"i fired her, eui." he said in a calm and cold voice.

i gasped. "why? what did she ever do?"

"she still can't knock the door and i'm already sick and tired of it." he explained.

oh please. don't remind me about that.

"your secretary doesn't knock the door so you fired her?" i asked, just to reassure what i heard.

jun nodded with a huge smile on his face.

DIMPLES.

oh shit.

"you better knock the door, eui. learn from her mistakes." he pointed straight into my face.

"sure, mr. park. thanks for the promotion." i said in a sarcastic tone and exited the office.

i was done packing my stuff and moving them to my new place when i got another call that morning. it was donghun so i immediately picked it up.

"hey."

"umm. hey, eui. i know you're at work but something's up."

"what is it?"

"there's this guy named jason kim who claims to be your ex boyfriend? he's in our living room right now and he wants to talk to you." said donghun, sounding a little awkward.

"jason?! from canada?"

"i don't know about that, eui but he speaks horrible korean so i guess so."

"can you come home, eui? he's speaking english most of the time so i don't quiet understand him."

"sure, i'll try."

"thanks, baby. the driver's on his way. i guess i'll see you at home then."

"okay. bye."

"bye." he said before ending the call.

i was tidying up my table and getting ready to go home when jun suddenly got out of his office.

"where do you think you're going?" asked jun as soon as he saw me picking my purse up.

"donghun called for a private matter. i need to go home." i explained briefly.

jun held my wrist, soft. "i'll drive you home."

i freed myself and shook my head. "no, my driver's almost here."

"i said i'll drive you home, eui." he insisted.

gosh. when park junhee says it, it's final.

i sighed. "fine. i'll just ask him to go home then." i said while texting the driver.

"now let's go." he said while pulling me to his car right after i finished texting.