chapter eight

i was sitting on my bed, hugging my unicorn plushie while staring at the empty pink coloured wall in front of me. my mind was blank. i was in utter confusion.

all of a sudden, a knock on the door snapped me back to reality. "open the door, eui." said donghun from the other side of the door.

"what do you want?" i mumbled in an annoyed tone.

"oh, nothing. i'm just knocking on your door and standing out here for no reason at all." donghun answered sarcastically.

why is he so annoying?

i sighed aloud and walked to my room door with heavy steps before unlocking it. donghun was standing in front of the door, straight like a penguin with a funny face. i chuckled upon realizing how adorable he was.

"i thought you were sad." donghun scratched his head, teasing.

i got back to my sad face and tried to close the door. donghun decided to hold onto it so i couldn't close it completely. i finally gave up and opened it.

donghun stepped inside uninvited. "why the sad face, my baby?" he asked while pinching my cheeks and pulling them up to form a forced smile.

i pushed his hands away. "i got it from you, stupid."

"hey! my face is a talent."

i snickered. "shut up, you annoying prick."

donghun laughed and looked into my eyes deeply. "let's just sit down and have a little chitchat shall we?"

"fine." i sighed before seating him onto the couch near my bed.

"are you okay?" donghun started as soon as i sat on the couch after he did.

i pouted. "you saw what happened. how could you even ask?" i asked, a little offended.

"so you hurt your wrist a little." he said. out of nowhere, he had an ice pack in his hand. donghun then put it onto my bruised wrist.

it was a little painful but i tried to not be a baby about it. just then, i remembered what jason told me earlier. about the car crash.

"umm donghun?" i called.

"yeah?" he looked up at my face with round eyes.

"do you know anything about my car crash?" i asked innocently.

donghun gasped in shock. "how did you know about that?"

"jason told me about it earlier."

donghun let out a sigh. he then took a deep breath. "just last year, you were involved in a hit and run case when you were in canada. you suffered severe injuries. and the worst was that you hit your head so hard that you forgot everything.

i brought you back here and did everything i can to help recover your memory. you had the worse case of amnesia and you would forget every single thing you did everyday. you would forget your name, my name, where you live and all about yourself. you wonder why you're here in this house and what you do for a living. your therapist gave you a camera to record your journal every night so that you can see it the next day and remember what you did the day before. you would even scream at night as if you got histeria. i regret not bringing you back to korea earlier." he explained with a sad face.

tears flowed down my cheeks slowly and i could just smile. i quickly wiped it off. "you're saying i'm having a mental disorder?"

donghun let out a small awkward laugh. "no, eii. you've completely recovered by now." donghun tucked some of my hair behind my ear and wiped the tears that were still flowing down my cheeks.

"a-am I crazy, donghun?" i asked in a minorly fearful tone.

"you're not, eui. as long as i live, i'll take care of you with all my heart. i promise you're not gonna get in trouble anymore. i swear."

i nodded. "donghun, promise me you'll never leave me?" i took out my pinky finger.

our pinkies intertwined and he nodded, redundant. "you should get some rest now. i'll see you tomorrow." he said before standing up and bringing me to my bed. i layed down before donghun tucked me into my blanket and gave a peck on my forehead.

donghun was walking to leave my room but I grabbed his wrist. "don't leave me." i said in a clingy tone.

he smiled. "you want me to sleep here?"

i nodded without a word. Donghun layed down next to me on my king-sized bed. he wrapped his arms around my waist and fell asleep a short while later. i could here his slow snore.

○○○

you:

eui

you:
yah lee eui answer me

you:
eui!

you:
please answer me

you:
fine dont answer me youre gonna read it later anyways

you:
im sorry about yesterday

you:
i was so angry and i dont even know why

you:
eui you better read this

you:
im so sorry

you:
i hope you forgive me

you:
you can have the week off and get some rest

you:
ill see you in a week

you:
because i have something very important to tell you