chapter nine

i slowly woke up from sleep and checked my phone for the time. it was half past eight. i only have one hour left to be at work.

there was something wrapping around my waist. i looked over my shoulder and noticed donghun spooning me. i didn't want to wake him up so i moved his hand gently and got out of the bed as quiet as i can.

i picked my phone up and checked for any updates.

23 missed calls from handsome man park junhee
13 unread messages from handsome man park junhee

i felt annoyed but checked the messages one by one anyway. i noticed that he's giving me a week off so i didn't have to rush. i didn't want to answer him so i left him on read.

i cleaned up in the bathroom and went to the closet that was connected to the bathroom to put some clothes on. after finishing, i got out of the closet to see donghun sitting on my bed.

i took a seat right next to him. "did i wake you up?"

donghun replied by shaking his head. his eyes were barely open.

"are you off to work?" he asked.

i shook my head and stood up from the bed. "i just got a message from jun saying that i get the week off."

"cool. so... can i leave now?" he chuckled.

i nodded. "i'm gonna get breakfast ready. go get a shower because you stink."

donghun got out of my room and i followed. we parted when donghun went to his room and i headed for the kitchen.

○○○

is eui still mad at me?

i checked my phone for any messages from her. to my despair, there were no messages from her but she left me on read. i was still worried so i decided to text her.

you:
eui?

you:
hey dont leave me on read!

eui:
what do u want jun

eui:
u gave me a week off but u keep on disturbing me

you:
sorry but i was worried

you:
is your wrist okay?

you:
sorry about that

you:
and everything else

eui:
my wrist is fine

you:
will u forgive me?

eui:
yes sure whatever

you:
great! that made me feel better

eui:
what did u want to talk to me next week that was so important?

eui:
u can tell me now

eui:
no need to wait for a week

you:
no

you:
we'd need to meet up then

eui:
then why dont we just meet now?