chapter fourteen : the finale

"sehyoon?"

my real brother, sehyoon stared at me and smiled with his bleeding face. he looked extremely weak. it looked like they did something to him. something horrible.

i don't remember the last time i saw him or the last time we spoke to each other. but all i knew was that he was finally here with me. little by little, pieces of our childhood memories started to appear. i finally found out who i really was.

we were chasing each other at the park, having fun and playing around. i was chasing him but i fell on the ground. it was then when something sharp scarred the side of my face forever.

sehyoon tucked my hair behind my left ear. he smiled weakly. "you still have it, sarang. the scar. it is you."

i started to tear up as i rubbed his cheek slowly. "what did they do to you?"

"whatever they did to me doesn't matter. all you have to do now is to get outta here and save yourself." sehyoon said in between coughs. it was miserable even seeing him speak.

"what did they do to you?!" i hugged him and cried aloud.

"there, there. why don't you let us do the explaining?" said the old man so suddenly before pointing at donghun.

donghun nodded, obeying whatever instruction that was given to him. "well sarang, your brother knew what we were doing. he almost reported us to the authorities! however, we threatened to kill you if he did. since we don't believe that he'll keep his mouth shut, we had to keep him here. thanks to him, we get to satisfy our anger." he said, smirking devilishly.

i gently put sehyoon on the floor and stood up, shooting death glares at the two men in front of me. i felt anger and i was wounded and all i could think of was revenge.

"you hurt me. you killed the love of my life. and you tortured my brother." i walked towards them.

both of them slowly walked backwards. "get back, sarang. or i will kill you." said the old man before taking a gun out.

"yes! kill me!" i laughed histerically. "jun is dead and sehyoon is dying! let me go with them then." i said as i pulled mr. kang's gun and pointed it towards my head.

"you crazy bitch!" the old man exclaimed before punching me in the face. i could feel my jaw displacing.

i looked back at him and the gun was only a few feet in front of me. it was pointing exactly towards my face.

"whenever you're in trouble, just say my name."

i immediately closed my eyes and whispered slowly. "jun, if you can hear me, please help."

my eyes were still shut when the sound of a gunshot filled the room. there was silence for a long moment before i opened my eyes to see a very peculiar view.

my jaw dropped as i saw the bullet right in front of my face, frozen. i was extremely shocked. it was as if time stopped.

"what the fuck?!" mr. kang exclaimed in shock.

suddenly, the bullet turned a hundred and eighty degrees. it was then pointing towards the old man in front of me.

but then it was all gone. i couldn't see anything but white. the place was familiar somehow. it was where i met jun earlier!

there was no one around though. so i decided to keep walking until i find someone. after a while, i finally came across him.

jun looked at me and giggled. "the love of your life?"

i shrugged. "you protected me, didn't you?"

jun replied with a nod. "so now i'm the love of your life? i thought you hated me." he pouted.

"i know it's way too late for me to say this, jun. but i love you. forever and always." i said confidently.

jun shook his head, still with that beautiful smile on his face. "i'm not meant for you, sarang. you'll meet someone better one day. i swear."

"i don't trust you." i let out a small laugh.

"i'm dead and you still don't trust me?" he smiled widely. his angel self was just as beautiful.

"park junhee, if i am meant for someone else, and if i ever fall in love again, i'll never forget what you've done to me. you helped me a lot and also died because of me. i am forever so grateful."

jun smiled and held both of my hands. i could feel his touch this time. "so you're okay knowing the painful truth?"

"it hurts but i'm over it. i have my real brother with me now. i know he won't leave me how you did." i pouted.

he giggled. "i didn't leave you, sarang. i just moved on. we'll meet again later. but please don't rush it."

we stayed quiet for a while before he pulled me closer. our faces were inches apart before he kissed my lips. i could feel the warmth of his body even though he was dead. it was as if he wasn't.

"sarang?" he called right after we finished our long kiss.

i hummed a yes.

"my job here is finally done. i'm going now, okay?"

i looked down onto the white ground, a little disappointed. "so you're leaving me again?"

he laughed gracefully. "like i said, we'll meet again, sarang. just not so soon."

jun let go of me and walked a few steps back. it was hard for me to let him go but i knew there was no other choice. i only watched as he disappeared into dust and was eventually blown by air.

"i'll remember you forever, park junhee. thank you again for all that you've done for me." i whispered to myself.

"sarang! wake up, you sleepy head." called a familiar voice which made me wake up from my deep slumber.

"i'm not sleeping, you idiot." i lied before sitting up.

i rubbed the back of my head. it was still aching. "ugh. why am i here again?" i said in an annoyed tone after noticing that i was on a hospital bed.

"you fainted, sarang." sehyoon answered. his face had bruises all over and his arms were covered in bandages. sehyoon could only move in a wheelchair.

"where is donghun? and that old man?" i asked curiously.

"the old man was sentenced to death while that lee donghun will be in prison for fifteen years." sehyoon explained.

"that man should burn in hell while jun will be looking down at him." i mumbled.

"jun?" he asked.

i sighed and stared at the empty offwhite painted wall in front of me. "he was the love of my life."

"was?"

"he died, saving my life. it happened right in front of me while i was holding his hand."

sehyoon looked onto the ground. "i'm sorry."

"and you were tortured because of me." i sighed again.

"i'd rather die to protect my sister." sehyoon giggled.

"so do you remember everything now?" he asked, changing the topic of our conversation.

"yeah, i guess so. i even remember those funny underwear you had when you were seven. remember the one with the huge mickey mouse face on your ass?" i laughed.

"shit. why'd you had to remember that?" he too laughed.

we exchanged stories of the past with each other, remembering our sweet memories.

all of a sudden, a man walked into the room. i thought he was my doctor. but how unbelievable it was that he looked exactly like...

"jun?"

"THE END"