A Nobody

Phoebe's POV

Today's Samantha's birthday and we decided to celebrate. We know that it is dangerous and all but we decided to bring her to the park to have at least a picnic. We thought that maybe that place is already isolated. After a few hours of drive, we finally reaced the park but I felt sad as I saw what happened. The park is full of the undead. We started driving away but Samantha here, started crying and she started throwing a tantrum.

"Maybe we can clear a path for us" Camila suggested.

"There is a hidden area where we used to stay with my mom and I" I said.

"You went here already?" Sam asked with excitement in her voice.

"Yup, we used to have picnics here when I was still young like you" I said smiling at her.

"Was it beautiful?" She asked again.

"It used to" I said as I looked back to the park where we used to celebrate back then.

"C'mon, let's start it before we ran out of time" Richard said.

We went out of the car and we inched forward with Richard and Camila in front, Emily carrying Samantha in the middle, and I stayed behind for a bit. I just missed going here. Surprisingly, the undead were still not able to sense us as we continued walking slowly towards the area I told them about.

"Mommy! What are they?!" Samantha shrieked.

Emily immediately covered her mouth. It was her first time seeing the undead because Richard never allowed her to go out of the house if she tried, her parents would scold her. After a while, we stopped for a bit to observe. Some of the undead started walking towards us.

"I'll handle it" I said as I approached the nearest ones.

As the days passed, Richard taught Camila and I how to kill them. He said that the brains are the target that we need to hit. Camila killed some on her side. After a few minutes, we reached the area. The place where my family used to go.

"This is nice!" Samantha said happily.

And we started our mini celebration in the park. It was really fun. The food was awesome as usual and I felt my stomach being full. After eating, we decided to leave early before sundown. We walked slowly towards the car to find five men looking through our things inside the car.

"Hey!" Richard shouted.

The men pointed their guns at us. Richard was quick though, he shot two of the thieves and the other two shot at me and Camila. I screamed in pain and saw that my right arm was grazed by a bullet. I looked at Camila and her left shoulder is bleeding. Sam screamed at the sight of blood earning the attention of the undead and they walked towards our direction. I can't defend myself since my right arm was hurt. Richard shot the other two immediately and the last one ran away. Samantha started throwing a tantrum. She kicked all over the place hitting Emily. Emily dropped her and Samantha ran away. She ran towards the undead walking towards us.

"Samantha!" I shouted.

Richard hurriedly ran over to Samantha but Emily stopped her.

"She could rest in peace now" Emily said smiling.

What?! Are these people crazy?! I ran towards Samantha and grabbed her but one of the zombies managed to grab her arm. I was struggling since my arm is badly hurt right now. Camila ran towards me to help me but the zombie didn't budge. We fell on the ground and Samantha was bitten in her arm.

"No!!!" I shouted and tears started dropping from my eyes as I watched Samanta scream in pain with her blood pouring out of her arm.

"Phoebe, let's go!" Camila said as she grabbed my arm towards the car.