Isn't This Romantic?

Axel's POV

We rode the car and Charles and I sat at the back seat. I stared silently at Lacy who was driving us around.

"Where do we go first?" Tom asked breaking the silence.

"We need to find my friends" I answered.

"We ain't looking for them" Lacy said coldly.

"Then stop the car" I said.

"What?" Tom said shocked. "Come on, Lacy!"

"You don't know the full story, Tom!" She shouted full of anger which made all of us jerk away from her. "We ain't helping them."

"Stop the car then!" I shouted back.

My head suddenly hit the passenger seat when she suddenly stopped in the middle of the road.

"Go!" She angrily shouted.

"Come on, Charles" I called him.

"Come on, you don't have to leave" Tom tried reasoning out. "Charles, please knock some sense on your friend."

"You promised us, asshole" I said gritting my teeth. "That was why we are here in this stupid car not to help you in your fucking camp!"

Tom was taken aback at my statement and he just stayed quiet.

"Charles! Come on!" I said calling him out.

"I can't Axel, being outside brings memories back" he said, his eyes starting to tear up. "I can't."

"Fine!" I shouted and went out and slammed the door.

As I walked away I felt someone following me. It might be one of the undead so I just unsheated my knife strapped and my waist and turned around quickly. I was about to stab it but instead of the dead, I saw Tom blocking my hand from stabbing his head.

"What are you doing here?!" I angrily asked, as I strapped my knife back at my waist.

"I'm helping you as promised" he said with a smile. "You don't know how happy we are because of you."

"Huh?" I asked, confused on what he was saying.

"You helped in killing those bad people back at the field" he said with a sincere smile. "If it wasn't for you our camp wouldn't be freed from those horrible people."

"I'm not the only one who killed them" I said and I turned around and continued to walk towards the library.

"Where are you going?" He asked me.

"It's none of your business" I coldly said. "Go back to that camp of yours."

"Just, let me help. Please?" He asked me and showed his puppy eyes.

"Ugh! Fine!" I said. "But this won't affect my decision to not go to your camp."

He smiled and just nodded.

"Where are we going again?" He asked.

"The library" I answered shortly.